Stephen Gately Leaves Husband Less Than $2 Million
Late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately's husband is to receive almost $1.5 million from the star's estate, according to reports. The 33 year old was found dead in October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately did not leave a will, but the details of his wealth have now been revealed - the Irish singer had amassed a $4.9 million fortune, according to the U.K.'s Probate Registry. The star owed $3 million in debts and taxes, leaving just under $2.3 million. Cowles will reportedly be handed $675,000 in cash, as well as half of the rest of Gately's estate - which amounts to $779,865.
Cowles, who wed Gately in a civil partnership ceremony in 2006, is reportedly planning to hand the $779,865 to the singer's parents. Following Gately's death, the star's assets were thought to be worth $15 million.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says