Stephen Gately Leaves Husband Less Than $2 Million
Late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately's husband is to receive almost $1.5 million from the star's estate, according to reports. The 33 year old was found dead in October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately did not leave a will, but the details of his wealth have now been revealed - the Irish singer had amassed a $4.9 million fortune, according to the U.K.'s Probate Registry. The star owed $3 million in debts and taxes, leaving just under $2.3 million. Cowles will reportedly be handed $675,000 in cash, as well as half of the rest of Gately's estate - which amounts to $779,865.
Cowles, who wed Gately in a civil partnership ceremony in 2006, is reportedly planning to hand the $779,865 to the singer's parents. Following Gately's death, the star's assets were thought to be worth $15 million.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent