Stephen Gately Leaves Husband Less Than $2 Million
Late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately's husband is to receive almost $1.5 million from the star's estate, according to reports. The 33 year old was found dead in October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately did not leave a will, but the details of his wealth have now been revealed - the Irish singer had amassed a $4.9 million fortune, according to the U.K.'s Probate Registry. The star owed $3 million in debts and taxes, leaving just under $2.3 million. Cowles will reportedly be handed $675,000 in cash, as well as half of the rest of Gately's estate - which amounts to $779,865.
Cowles, who wed Gately in a civil partnership ceremony in 2006, is reportedly planning to hand the $779,865 to the singer's parents. Following Gately's death, the star's assets were thought to be worth $15 million.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist