Stephen Gately Leaves Husband Less Than $2 Million
Late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately's husband is to receive almost $1.5 million from the star's estate, according to reports. The 33 year old was found dead in October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately did not leave a will, but the details of his wealth have now been revealed - the Irish singer had amassed a $4.9 million fortune, according to the U.K.'s Probate Registry. The star owed $3 million in debts and taxes, leaving just under $2.3 million. Cowles will reportedly be handed $675,000 in cash, as well as half of the rest of Gately's estate - which amounts to $779,865.
Cowles, who wed Gately in a civil partnership ceremony in 2006, is reportedly planning to hand the $779,865 to the singer's parents. Following Gately's death, the star's assets were thought to be worth $15 million.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard