Stephen Gately Leaves Husband Less Than $2 Million
Late Boyzone singer Stephen Gately's husband is to receive almost $1.5 million from the star's estate, according to reports. The 33 year old was found dead in October at the home he shared with partner Andrew Cowles in Majorca, Spain.
Gately did not leave a will, but the details of his wealth have now been revealed - the Irish singer had amassed a $4.9 million fortune, according to the U.K.'s Probate Registry. The star owed $3 million in debts and taxes, leaving just under $2.3 million. Cowles will reportedly be handed $675,000 in cash, as well as half of the rest of Gately's estate - which amounts to $779,865.
Cowles, who wed Gately in a civil partnership ceremony in 2006, is reportedly planning to hand the $779,865 to the singer's parents. Following Gately's death, the star's assets were thought to be worth $15 million.
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List