Gene Simmons No Longer Facing Assault Case
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have dropped an assault case against KISS star Gene Simmons citing lack of evidence, after a couple alleged the rocker attacked them on a shopping trip last year.
Nathan Marlowe and his wife Cynthia Manzo claim Simmons assaulted them and took their video camera after he spotted them filming him at L.A. mall The Grove in December. The couple subsequently filed for a restraining order against the rocker, but that request was thrown out by a judge, and they are currently pursuing a civil claim through the courts, suing the bass player for assault, battery and infliction of emotional distress.
It has now been revealed Simmons won't face criminal charges over the alleged incident as officials in L.A. have concluded there is not enough evidence to prosecute, according to TMZ.com. The civil case continues.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'