Gorillaz's Damon Albarn Can't Wait for Glastonbury Festival, Wishing Bono the Best
Damon Albarn has sent his best wishes to injured rocker Bono after his band Gorillaz was drafted in to replace U2 at this year's Glastonbury festival. The Irish rockers were forced to pull out of their headlining slot at June event in England, as well as the next leg of their world tour, after the frontman underwent emergency back surgery on Friday, May 21.
Festival organizer Michael Eavis announced on Wednesday, May 26 that Albarn will return to the festival's famed Pyramid Stage with his group Gorillaz, a year after he performed there with his reformed band Blur.
Now Albarn has sent his wishes to Bono, but admits he can't wait for the gig after a successful performance at California's Coachella festival in April. He tells Britain's NME, "It's a terrible thing for U2. Glastonbury is magical. Gorillaz will come to life on that stage, but we wish Bono all the best."
"I wasn't sure how Gorillaz would work in a festival environment, but Coachella was amazing. I think Glastonbury will be an unbelievable experience for us."
More Gorillaz News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic