Mariah Carey Sparks Pregnancy Rumor After Leaving Movie Project
Mariah Carey has fueled reports she's pregnant after mysteriously pulling out of a new movie. The singer was slated to follow up her success in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" by appearing in an upcoming Tyler Perry film, but Carey has quit the project.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", Perry's movie adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play of the same title, was set to start shooting in June this year. Asked for a reason behind Carey's decision, the star's publicist Cindy Berger tells People, "I'm not at liberty to discuss her personal life at this time."
Carey, 41, and her husband Nick Cannon have been dogged by new baby rumors this year. Recent reports suggested the superstar is undergoing fertility treatment in an effort to conceive her first child. Berger was forced to deny speculation Carey was already pregnant after the singer hinted she had "something else very special on the way" at the Independent Spirit Awards in March. Carey was spotted leaving a fertility clinic in Los Angeles on May 11.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance