Mariah Carey Sparks Pregnancy Rumor After Leaving Movie Project
Mariah Carey has fueled reports she's pregnant after mysteriously pulling out of a new movie. The singer was slated to follow up her success in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" by appearing in an upcoming Tyler Perry film, but Carey has quit the project.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", Perry's movie adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play of the same title, was set to start shooting in June this year. Asked for a reason behind Carey's decision, the star's publicist Cindy Berger tells People, "I'm not at liberty to discuss her personal life at this time."
Carey, 41, and her husband Nick Cannon have been dogged by new baby rumors this year. Recent reports suggested the superstar is undergoing fertility treatment in an effort to conceive her first child. Berger was forced to deny speculation Carey was already pregnant after the singer hinted she had "something else very special on the way" at the Independent Spirit Awards in March. Carey was spotted leaving a fertility clinic in Los Angeles on May 11.
More Mariah Carey News
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.