Mariah Carey Sparks Pregnancy Rumor After Leaving Movie Project
Mariah Carey has fueled reports she's pregnant after mysteriously pulling out of a new movie. The singer was slated to follow up her success in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" by appearing in an upcoming Tyler Perry film, but Carey has quit the project.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", Perry's movie adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play of the same title, was set to start shooting in June this year. Asked for a reason behind Carey's decision, the star's publicist Cindy Berger tells People, "I'm not at liberty to discuss her personal life at this time."
Carey, 41, and her husband Nick Cannon have been dogged by new baby rumors this year. Recent reports suggested the superstar is undergoing fertility treatment in an effort to conceive her first child. Berger was forced to deny speculation Carey was already pregnant after the singer hinted she had "something else very special on the way" at the Independent Spirit Awards in March. Carey was spotted leaving a fertility clinic in Los Angeles on May 11.
More Mariah Carey News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group