Mariah Carey Sparks Pregnancy Rumor After Leaving Movie Project
Mariah Carey has fueled reports she's pregnant after mysteriously pulling out of a new movie. The singer was slated to follow up her success in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" by appearing in an upcoming Tyler Perry film, but Carey has quit the project.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", Perry's movie adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play of the same title, was set to start shooting in June this year. Asked for a reason behind Carey's decision, the star's publicist Cindy Berger tells People, "I'm not at liberty to discuss her personal life at this time."
Carey, 41, and her husband Nick Cannon have been dogged by new baby rumors this year. Recent reports suggested the superstar is undergoing fertility treatment in an effort to conceive her first child. Berger was forced to deny speculation Carey was already pregnant after the singer hinted she had "something else very special on the way" at the Independent Spirit Awards in March. Carey was spotted leaving a fertility clinic in Los Angeles on May 11.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection