Mariah Carey Sparks Pregnancy Rumor After Leaving Movie Project
Mariah Carey has fueled reports she's pregnant after mysteriously pulling out of a new movie. The singer was slated to follow up her success in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" by appearing in an upcoming Tyler Perry film, but Carey has quit the project.
"For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf", Perry's movie adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play of the same title, was set to start shooting in June this year. Asked for a reason behind Carey's decision, the star's publicist Cindy Berger tells People, "I'm not at liberty to discuss her personal life at this time."
Carey, 41, and her husband Nick Cannon have been dogged by new baby rumors this year. Recent reports suggested the superstar is undergoing fertility treatment in an effort to conceive her first child. Berger was forced to deny speculation Carey was already pregnant after the singer hinted she had "something else very special on the way" at the Independent Spirit Awards in March. Carey was spotted leaving a fertility clinic in Los Angeles on May 11.
More Mariah Carey News
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'