Lacking Evidence, Heather Locklear's Hit-and-Run Case Rejected
Heather Locklear has been cleared over an alleged hit-and-run incident after officials rejected the case due to a lack of evidence. The "Melrose Place" star was alleged to have been arrested and cited after failing to alert police about a collision with a road sign in Westlake Village, California in April.
Ventura County Sheriff's Department officials responded to calls of a one-vehicle crash and discovered a car had mounted a curb and knocked over a 'no parking' post. The investigation led deputies to Locklear's home nearby and they linked damage to her BMW to the collision, but her legal representative, Blair Berk, was adamant her client was not behind the wheel at the time of the crash.
And now the case has been thrown out by officials. A statement from Ventura District Attorney Gregory D. Totten reads, "Physical evidence established that the vehicle involved in the collision was... registered to Richard and Heather Sambora of Westlake Village. Insufficient evidence exists to establish who the driver of the vehicle was at the time of the collision. As a result, no criminal charges will be filed."
Locklear, who bought the BMW when she was married to Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora, is currently serving a three-year probation term after she pleaded no contest to reckless driving following a DUI arrest in 2008.
More Heather Locklear News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'