Lacking Evidence, Heather Locklear's Hit-and-Run Case Rejected
Heather Locklear has been cleared over an alleged hit-and-run incident after officials rejected the case due to a lack of evidence. The "Melrose Place" star was alleged to have been arrested and cited after failing to alert police about a collision with a road sign in Westlake Village, California in April.
Ventura County Sheriff's Department officials responded to calls of a one-vehicle crash and discovered a car had mounted a curb and knocked over a 'no parking' post. The investigation led deputies to Locklear's home nearby and they linked damage to her BMW to the collision, but her legal representative, Blair Berk, was adamant her client was not behind the wheel at the time of the crash.
And now the case has been thrown out by officials. A statement from Ventura District Attorney Gregory D. Totten reads, "Physical evidence established that the vehicle involved in the collision was... registered to Richard and Heather Sambora of Westlake Village. Insufficient evidence exists to establish who the driver of the vehicle was at the time of the collision. As a result, no criminal charges will be filed."
Locklear, who bought the BMW when she was married to Bon Jovi rocker Richie Sambora, is currently serving a three-year probation term after she pleaded no contest to reckless driving following a DUI arrest in 2008.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked