'Hypodermic Needle' Found in Paul Gray's Hotel Room
Tragic Slipknot star Paul Gray's death has been linked to drugs - the hotel employee who discovered the rocker's body found a hypodermic needle in the room. Gray was found dead in a suburban Des Moines, Iowa hotel room on Monday, May 24.
Police investigating the case have ruled out foul play and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests after an autopsy failed to determine the cause of death. But, the call a maintenance man identified as Mike made to emergency services after discovering Gray's body raises questions about a needle and a bottle of pills left by the rocker's bed.
In the taped conversation, obtained by TMZ.com, Mike is heard saying, "I have a gentleman we believe has passed away. We believe it's a drug overdose... His hands and legs are all purple... There's a hypodermic needle next to his bed here..." In the audio footage, the emergency services operator asks if Gray is awake, prompting the employee to reply, "Oh god no."
Mike suggests workers were sent to check on Gray after his mother had failed to reach him at the hotel. He adds, "His mum called this morning, we've been trying to get a hold of him... He's crunched over in the corner next to the wall." The operator then asks, "Is he definitely beyond any help then?" to which Mike replies, "I would guess."
The release of the 911 tape comes a day after Gray's bandmates and his pregnant wife Brenna staged an online press conference to pay tribute to the dead star. The widow thanked fans for their support and said her husband was "an amazing person and I just want people to remember him for just that, and his daughter will remember him for the way he was."
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party