Sarah Jessica Parker to Honor Late Alexander McQueen
Sarah Jessica Parker will pay tribute to Alexander McQueen next month when the fashion world bestows a posthumous award on the late designer. The tragic couturier was found dead after an apparent suicide at his London apartment in February.
The following month, his peers at the Council of Fashion Designers of America announced him as the recipient of the Board of Directors' Special Tribute Award. Parker, who has become a fashion icon through her role in Sex and the City, has been chosen to take to the stage at the annual gala in New York on June 7 to honor the tragic Brit.
The actress worked with McQueen many times throughout his career and hailed him as an "unrivalled talent" following his demise.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!