Sarah Jessica Parker to Honor Late Alexander McQueen
Sarah Jessica Parker will pay tribute to Alexander McQueen next month when the fashion world bestows a posthumous award on the late designer. The tragic couturier was found dead after an apparent suicide at his London apartment in February.
The following month, his peers at the Council of Fashion Designers of America announced him as the recipient of the Board of Directors' Special Tribute Award. Parker, who has become a fashion icon through her role in Sex and the City, has been chosen to take to the stage at the annual gala in New York on June 7 to honor the tragic Brit.
The actress worked with McQueen many times throughout his career and hailed him as an "unrivalled talent" following his demise.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones