Sarah Jessica Parker to Honor Late Alexander McQueen
Sarah Jessica Parker will pay tribute to Alexander McQueen next month when the fashion world bestows a posthumous award on the late designer. The tragic couturier was found dead after an apparent suicide at his London apartment in February.
The following month, his peers at the Council of Fashion Designers of America announced him as the recipient of the Board of Directors' Special Tribute Award. Parker, who has become a fashion icon through her role in Sex and the City, has been chosen to take to the stage at the annual gala in New York on June 7 to honor the tragic Brit.
The actress worked with McQueen many times throughout his career and hailed him as an "unrivalled talent" following his demise.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered