Another Tax Debt for Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage's financial woes are stacking up - he has been hit with a demand for allegedly unpaid taxes owed to the state of California.
The "Con Air" star has been named in several tax claims recently, with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bosses making a $6.2 million demand in August in relation to allegedly unpaid taxes in 2007. Cage is also facing other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, and he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million loan in October.
Now California authorities are chasing the star for a further $3.8 million in delinquent taxes, according to the Detroit News. The lien was filed against Cage and his wife Alice in Los Angeles on April 14 but a spokesperson insists Cage has already made plans to pay back the debt.
His representative says, "All entities are aware that this is in process and, from my understanding, all the parties are satisfied that everything will be paid back. Nicolas is doing everything that he needs to do to get these monies owed paid back."
The actor blamed financial mismanagement for his money woes and is currently embroiled in a legal wrangle with his former business manager Samuel Levin.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer