Another Tax Debt for Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage's financial woes are stacking up - he has been hit with a demand for allegedly unpaid taxes owed to the state of California.
The "Con Air" star has been named in several tax claims recently, with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bosses making a $6.2 million demand in August in relation to allegedly unpaid taxes in 2007. Cage is also facing other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, and he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million loan in October.
Now California authorities are chasing the star for a further $3.8 million in delinquent taxes, according to the Detroit News. The lien was filed against Cage and his wife Alice in Los Angeles on April 14 but a spokesperson insists Cage has already made plans to pay back the debt.
His representative says, "All entities are aware that this is in process and, from my understanding, all the parties are satisfied that everything will be paid back. Nicolas is doing everything that he needs to do to get these monies owed paid back."
The actor blamed financial mismanagement for his money woes and is currently embroiled in a legal wrangle with his former business manager Samuel Levin.
More Nicolas Cage News
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?