Another Tax Debt for Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage's financial woes are stacking up - he has been hit with a demand for allegedly unpaid taxes owed to the state of California.
The "Con Air" star has been named in several tax claims recently, with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bosses making a $6.2 million demand in August in relation to allegedly unpaid taxes in 2007. Cage is also facing other claims of unpaid tax related to his earnings between 2002 and 2004, and he was accused of defaulting on a $2 million loan in October.
Now California authorities are chasing the star for a further $3.8 million in delinquent taxes, according to the Detroit News. The lien was filed against Cage and his wife Alice in Los Angeles on April 14 but a spokesperson insists Cage has already made plans to pay back the debt.
His representative says, "All entities are aware that this is in process and, from my understanding, all the parties are satisfied that everything will be paid back. Nicolas is doing everything that he needs to do to get these monies owed paid back."
The actor blamed financial mismanagement for his money woes and is currently embroiled in a legal wrangle with his former business manager Samuel Levin.
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her