Cheryl Cole Moves on With Divorce
British singer Cheryl Cole has begun divorce proceedings to end her marriage to Ashley Cole following allegations the soccer star cheated on her with a number of women. The Girls Aloud beauty wed the England international in July 2006 but their marriage was rocked in 2008 when hairdresser Aimee Walton claimed she had spent the night with the sportsman.
Cole battled through the fallout in a desperate bid to save her marriage - but further allegations emerged in February linking her husband to four more women. The singer subsequently walked out on her husband of four years, announcing their separation.
And now Cole has begun legal proceedings to make the split official, with her lawyers filing papers at London's High Court on Tuesday, May 25, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper. The documents cite the soccer player's "unreasonable behaviour" in Cole's petition to end the marriage, and claim that when the singer "put it to him that he had been unfaithful," the sportsman "admitted it".
Cole has reportedly asked for a quick divorce, to be finalized before her estranged husband flies to South Africa next month for the start of the soccer World Cup. She will also let her former partner keep their marital home in Surrey, England and not demand any financial support, according to The Sun.
A source tells publication, "She wants a completely clean break with no malice or wrangling over property or money, Cheryl will not take one penny of Ashley's money. The house means nothing to her. She only moved there because it was important to be near Ashley's training ground. Cheryl is giving the house to him."
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'