Cheryl Cole Moves on With Divorce
British singer Cheryl Cole has begun divorce proceedings to end her marriage to Ashley Cole following allegations the soccer star cheated on her with a number of women. The Girls Aloud beauty wed the England international in July 2006 but their marriage was rocked in 2008 when hairdresser Aimee Walton claimed she had spent the night with the sportsman.
Cole battled through the fallout in a desperate bid to save her marriage - but further allegations emerged in February linking her husband to four more women. The singer subsequently walked out on her husband of four years, announcing their separation.
And now Cole has begun legal proceedings to make the split official, with her lawyers filing papers at London's High Court on Tuesday, May 25, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper. The documents cite the soccer player's "unreasonable behaviour" in Cole's petition to end the marriage, and claim that when the singer "put it to him that he had been unfaithful," the sportsman "admitted it".
Cole has reportedly asked for a quick divorce, to be finalized before her estranged husband flies to South Africa next month for the start of the soccer World Cup. She will also let her former partner keep their marital home in Surrey, England and not demand any financial support, according to The Sun.
A source tells publication, "She wants a completely clean break with no malice or wrangling over property or money, Cheryl will not take one penny of Ashley's money. The house means nothing to her. She only moved there because it was important to be near Ashley's training ground. Cheryl is giving the house to him."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli