Wyclef Jean to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: Please Adopt Haitian Child
Hip-hop star Wyclef Jean has urged pals Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to consider adopting a baby from his native Haiti. The former The Fugees star has been part of the relief effort in his homeland following a January earthquake, which ravaged the nation, and now he hopes Jolie will follow up a February visit to Haiti by taking in an orphaned child.
He says, "Brad and Angie, please adopt a child from Haiti!" The couple is famous for adopting kids from around the globe, they're the proud parents of kids from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
"I have so many celebrity friends who have really supported this cause and who continue to support this cause," he later says. "Our job is to help those little kids, to give them a chance. If we give them a chance they'll have a better tomorrow."
Angelina Jolie herself previously told CNN about her plan to visit the country in February. "I'm always open to children around the world. We're that kind of family. Brad and I talk about that," Jolie said. "But that's not what we're focusing on at this time, by any means."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance