Cynthia Nixon Desperate to Wed Girlfriend in New York
Actress Cynthia Nixon has urged lawmakers in New York to prioritize the legalization of same-sex marriage because she is desperate to wed her lesbian lover Christine Marinon in her hometown. The "Sex and the City" star has been engaged to education activist Marinoni for one year and she admits her dream wedding would take place in the Big Apple.
But Nixon is not against the idea of exchanging vows in another state, if she is left with no other options. She says, "We're not gonna wait forever for New York, we're trying to get New York to get its act together but if we have to we'll go somewhere else. But ideally we'd like to do it at home."
Nixon announced her engagement at a gay rights rally in New York in 2009, revealing they would soon be walking down the aisle. However, a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New York was rejected by the State Senate in December the same year.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber