Cynthia Nixon Desperate to Wed Girlfriend in New York
Actress Cynthia Nixon has urged lawmakers in New York to prioritize the legalization of same-sex marriage because she is desperate to wed her lesbian lover Christine Marinon in her hometown. The "Sex and the City" star has been engaged to education activist Marinoni for one year and she admits her dream wedding would take place in the Big Apple.
But Nixon is not against the idea of exchanging vows in another state, if she is left with no other options. She says, "We're not gonna wait forever for New York, we're trying to get New York to get its act together but if we have to we'll go somewhere else. But ideally we'd like to do it at home."
Nixon announced her engagement at a gay rights rally in New York in 2009, revealing they would soon be walking down the aisle. However, a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New York was rejected by the State Senate in December the same year.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage