Cynthia Nixon Desperate to Wed Girlfriend in New York
Actress Cynthia Nixon has urged lawmakers in New York to prioritize the legalization of same-sex marriage because she is desperate to wed her lesbian lover Christine Marinon in her hometown. The "Sex and the City" star has been engaged to education activist Marinoni for one year and she admits her dream wedding would take place in the Big Apple.
But Nixon is not against the idea of exchanging vows in another state, if she is left with no other options. She says, "We're not gonna wait forever for New York, we're trying to get New York to get its act together but if we have to we'll go somewhere else. But ideally we'd like to do it at home."
Nixon announced her engagement at a gay rights rally in New York in 2009, revealing they would soon be walking down the aisle. However, a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New York was rejected by the State Senate in December the same year.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked