Cynthia Nixon Desperate to Wed Girlfriend in New York
Actress Cynthia Nixon has urged lawmakers in New York to prioritize the legalization of same-sex marriage because she is desperate to wed her lesbian lover Christine Marinon in her hometown. The "Sex and the City" star has been engaged to education activist Marinoni for one year and she admits her dream wedding would take place in the Big Apple.
But Nixon is not against the idea of exchanging vows in another state, if she is left with no other options. She says, "We're not gonna wait forever for New York, we're trying to get New York to get its act together but if we have to we'll go somewhere else. But ideally we'd like to do it at home."
Nixon announced her engagement at a gay rights rally in New York in 2009, revealing they would soon be walking down the aisle. However, a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New York was rejected by the State Senate in December the same year.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says