Cynthia Nixon Desperate to Wed Girlfriend in New York
Actress Cynthia Nixon has urged lawmakers in New York to prioritize the legalization of same-sex marriage because she is desperate to wed her lesbian lover Christine Marinon in her hometown. The "Sex and the City" star has been engaged to education activist Marinoni for one year and she admits her dream wedding would take place in the Big Apple.
But Nixon is not against the idea of exchanging vows in another state, if she is left with no other options. She says, "We're not gonna wait forever for New York, we're trying to get New York to get its act together but if we have to we'll go somewhere else. But ideally we'd like to do it at home."
Nixon announced her engagement at a gay rights rally in New York in 2009, revealing they would soon be walking down the aisle. However, a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in New York was rejected by the State Senate in December the same year.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip