Kim Catrrall: Hollywood Is Cruel on Women in 40s
Kim Cattrall is relieved she moved to New York when "Sex and the City" became a hit, insisting Hollywood is a "brutal" place for older actresses to live. The 53-year-old actress swapped Los Angeles for the Big Apple in 1998 after she landed the role of Samantha Jones on the saucy series, which filmed in Manhattan.
And she has never regretted the decision, admitting she felt criticized for her age while living on America's west coast. She tells British magazine Reveal, "Living alone in Los Angeles can be brutal for women. There's a lot of abuse, in the sense that Hollywood is run for the young and beautiful. The only thing that is respected over the age of 40 is success. If you miss the boat - as I was doing - then doors close and you are out in the cold."
Cattrall is in the middle of promoting "Sex and the City 2" which hits the theaters in U.S. on May 27.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack