Kim Catrrall: Hollywood Is Cruel on Women in 40s
Kim Cattrall is relieved she moved to New York when "Sex and the City" became a hit, insisting Hollywood is a "brutal" place for older actresses to live. The 53-year-old actress swapped Los Angeles for the Big Apple in 1998 after she landed the role of Samantha Jones on the saucy series, which filmed in Manhattan.
And she has never regretted the decision, admitting she felt criticized for her age while living on America's west coast. She tells British magazine Reveal, "Living alone in Los Angeles can be brutal for women. There's a lot of abuse, in the sense that Hollywood is run for the young and beautiful. The only thing that is respected over the age of 40 is success. If you miss the boat - as I was doing - then doors close and you are out in the cold."
Cattrall is in the middle of promoting "Sex and the City 2" which hits the theaters in U.S. on May 27.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign