Kim Catrrall: Hollywood Is Cruel on Women in 40s
Kim Cattrall is relieved she moved to New York when "Sex and the City" became a hit, insisting Hollywood is a "brutal" place for older actresses to live. The 53-year-old actress swapped Los Angeles for the Big Apple in 1998 after she landed the role of Samantha Jones on the saucy series, which filmed in Manhattan.
And she has never regretted the decision, admitting she felt criticized for her age while living on America's west coast. She tells British magazine Reveal, "Living alone in Los Angeles can be brutal for women. There's a lot of abuse, in the sense that Hollywood is run for the young and beautiful. The only thing that is respected over the age of 40 is success. If you miss the boat - as I was doing - then doors close and you are out in the cold."
Cattrall is in the middle of promoting "Sex and the City 2" which hits the theaters in U.S. on May 27.
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia