Kim Catrrall: Hollywood Is Cruel on Women in 40s
Kim Cattrall is relieved she moved to New York when "Sex and the City" became a hit, insisting Hollywood is a "brutal" place for older actresses to live. The 53-year-old actress swapped Los Angeles for the Big Apple in 1998 after she landed the role of Samantha Jones on the saucy series, which filmed in Manhattan.
And she has never regretted the decision, admitting she felt criticized for her age while living on America's west coast. She tells British magazine Reveal, "Living alone in Los Angeles can be brutal for women. There's a lot of abuse, in the sense that Hollywood is run for the young and beautiful. The only thing that is respected over the age of 40 is success. If you miss the boat - as I was doing - then doors close and you are out in the cold."
Cattrall is in the middle of promoting "Sex and the City 2" which hits the theaters in U.S. on May 27.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart