Kim Catrrall: Hollywood Is Cruel on Women in 40s
Kim Cattrall is relieved she moved to New York when "Sex and the City" became a hit, insisting Hollywood is a "brutal" place for older actresses to live. The 53-year-old actress swapped Los Angeles for the Big Apple in 1998 after she landed the role of Samantha Jones on the saucy series, which filmed in Manhattan.
And she has never regretted the decision, admitting she felt criticized for her age while living on America's west coast. She tells British magazine Reveal, "Living alone in Los Angeles can be brutal for women. There's a lot of abuse, in the sense that Hollywood is run for the young and beautiful. The only thing that is respected over the age of 40 is success. If you miss the boat - as I was doing - then doors close and you are out in the cold."
Cattrall is in the middle of promoting "Sex and the City 2" which hits the theaters in U.S. on May 27.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split