Nas and Kelis Have Been Granted a Divorce
Nas and Kelis' marriage is officially over - the former couple has been granted a divorce. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences in her divorce papers, which were filed just months before she gave birth to the pair's baby son Knight.
The pair has been locked in legal wrangling ever since over various issues including custody of their son, as well as spousal and child support payments. Legal documents filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, May 21 reveal their marriage is now officially over. However the former couple will continue to battle it out over the details of their divorce deal, according to TMZ.com.
Earlier this month, Nas urged a judge to reduce his monthly payments to his former wife, insisting he couldn't afford to keep up with the $10,000 installments.
More Nas News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says