Nas and Kelis Have Been Granted a Divorce
Nas and Kelis' marriage is officially over - the former couple has been granted a divorce. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences in her divorce papers, which were filed just months before she gave birth to the pair's baby son Knight.
The pair has been locked in legal wrangling ever since over various issues including custody of their son, as well as spousal and child support payments. Legal documents filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, May 21 reveal their marriage is now officially over. However the former couple will continue to battle it out over the details of their divorce deal, according to TMZ.com.
Earlier this month, Nas urged a judge to reduce his monthly payments to his former wife, insisting he couldn't afford to keep up with the $10,000 installments.
More Nas News
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie