Nas and Kelis Have Been Granted a Divorce
Nas and Kelis' marriage is officially over - the former couple has been granted a divorce. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences in her divorce papers, which were filed just months before she gave birth to the pair's baby son Knight.
The pair has been locked in legal wrangling ever since over various issues including custody of their son, as well as spousal and child support payments. Legal documents filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, May 21 reveal their marriage is now officially over. However the former couple will continue to battle it out over the details of their divorce deal, according to TMZ.com.
Earlier this month, Nas urged a judge to reduce his monthly payments to his former wife, insisting he couldn't afford to keep up with the $10,000 installments.
More Nas News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart