Nas and Kelis Have Been Granted a Divorce
Nas and Kelis' marriage is officially over - the former couple has been granted a divorce. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with Kelis citing irreconcilable differences in her divorce papers, which were filed just months before she gave birth to the pair's baby son Knight.
The pair has been locked in legal wrangling ever since over various issues including custody of their son, as well as spousal and child support payments. Legal documents filed at Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, May 21 reveal their marriage is now officially over. However the former couple will continue to battle it out over the details of their divorce deal, according to TMZ.com.
Earlier this month, Nas urged a judge to reduce his monthly payments to his former wife, insisting he couldn't afford to keep up with the $10,000 installments.
More Nas News
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role