Quentin Tarantino to Be Ridiculed in Mocking Tribute
Quentin Tarantino is set to follow in the footsteps of stars including Chevy Chase, Richard Pryor and Bruce Willis with an induction into New York's legendary Friars Club. The "Pulp Fiction" director will be the focus of the organization's annual 'roast' later this year, which sees honorees ridiculed in mocking tributes.
Friars Club President Freddie Roman hopes the moviemaker takes the mockery in good humor, telling New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Having seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I pray that he understands that we only roast the ones we love." The ceremony will take place at the New York Hilton on October 1.
In another event, Quentin Tarantino has been tapped to head the jury of September's Venice Film Festival in Italy. He will lead a selected panel of industry experts to choose the festival's honorees, including the coveted Golden Lion trophy, which is often seen as a key indicator of a movie's potential at other prizegiving ceremonies.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?