Quentin Tarantino to Be Ridiculed in Mocking Tribute
Quentin Tarantino is set to follow in the footsteps of stars including Chevy Chase, Richard Pryor and Bruce Willis with an induction into New York's legendary Friars Club. The "Pulp Fiction" director will be the focus of the organization's annual 'roast' later this year, which sees honorees ridiculed in mocking tributes.
Friars Club President Freddie Roman hopes the moviemaker takes the mockery in good humor, telling New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Having seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I pray that he understands that we only roast the ones we love." The ceremony will take place at the New York Hilton on October 1.
In another event, Quentin Tarantino has been tapped to head the jury of September's Venice Film Festival in Italy. He will lead a selected panel of industry experts to choose the festival's honorees, including the coveted Golden Lion trophy, which is often seen as a key indicator of a movie's potential at other prizegiving ceremonies.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet