Quentin Tarantino to Be Ridiculed in Mocking Tribute
Quentin Tarantino is set to follow in the footsteps of stars including Chevy Chase, Richard Pryor and Bruce Willis with an induction into New York's legendary Friars Club. The "Pulp Fiction" director will be the focus of the organization's annual 'roast' later this year, which sees honorees ridiculed in mocking tributes.
Friars Club President Freddie Roman hopes the moviemaker takes the mockery in good humor, telling New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Having seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I pray that he understands that we only roast the ones we love." The ceremony will take place at the New York Hilton on October 1.
In another event, Quentin Tarantino has been tapped to head the jury of September's Venice Film Festival in Italy. He will lead a selected panel of industry experts to choose the festival's honorees, including the coveted Golden Lion trophy, which is often seen as a key indicator of a movie's potential at other prizegiving ceremonies.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting