Quentin Tarantino to Be Ridiculed in Mocking Tribute
Quentin Tarantino is set to follow in the footsteps of stars including Chevy Chase, Richard Pryor and Bruce Willis with an induction into New York's legendary Friars Club. The "Pulp Fiction" director will be the focus of the organization's annual 'roast' later this year, which sees honorees ridiculed in mocking tributes.
Friars Club President Freddie Roman hopes the moviemaker takes the mockery in good humor, telling New York Post gossip column PageSix, "Having seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill, I pray that he understands that we only roast the ones we love." The ceremony will take place at the New York Hilton on October 1.
In another event, Quentin Tarantino has been tapped to head the jury of September's Venice Film Festival in Italy. He will lead a selected panel of industry experts to choose the festival's honorees, including the coveted Golden Lion trophy, which is often seen as a key indicator of a movie's potential at other prizegiving ceremonies.
More Quentin Tarantino News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch