'Mildred Pierce' Filming Halted Because Kate Winslet Was Badly Bruised
Filming on Kate Winslet's new TV mini-series has been suspended after the actress fell over and hit her head during a game of basketball with her kids. The "Titanic" star has been shooting new HBO show "Mildred Pierce" in New York City, but production was halted on Monday, May 24 after she suffered a mishap while playing with Mia, nine, and Joe, six - her two children with estranged husband Sam Mendes.
Winslet reportedly bumped her head when she fell over and was left badly bruised, forcing TV bosses to shut down production on the series. A source tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "She fell after being hit by a basketball and suffered bruising that couldn't be covered with make-up, so the entire production was halted (on) Monday."
A representative for Winslet confirmed the incident, and insisted the star "is fine".
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy