'Mildred Pierce' Filming Halted Because Kate Winslet Was Badly Bruised
Filming on Kate Winslet's new TV mini-series has been suspended after the actress fell over and hit her head during a game of basketball with her kids. The "Titanic" star has been shooting new HBO show "Mildred Pierce" in New York City, but production was halted on Monday, May 24 after she suffered a mishap while playing with Mia, nine, and Joe, six - her two children with estranged husband Sam Mendes.
Winslet reportedly bumped her head when she fell over and was left badly bruised, forcing TV bosses to shut down production on the series. A source tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "She fell after being hit by a basketball and suffered bruising that couldn't be covered with make-up, so the entire production was halted (on) Monday."
A representative for Winslet confirmed the incident, and insisted the star "is fine".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'