'Mildred Pierce' Filming Halted Because Kate Winslet Was Badly Bruised
Filming on Kate Winslet's new TV mini-series has been suspended after the actress fell over and hit her head during a game of basketball with her kids. The "Titanic" star has been shooting new HBO show "Mildred Pierce" in New York City, but production was halted on Monday, May 24 after she suffered a mishap while playing with Mia, nine, and Joe, six - her two children with estranged husband Sam Mendes.
Winslet reportedly bumped her head when she fell over and was left badly bruised, forcing TV bosses to shut down production on the series. A source tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "She fell after being hit by a basketball and suffered bruising that couldn't be covered with make-up, so the entire production was halted (on) Monday."
A representative for Winslet confirmed the incident, and insisted the star "is fine".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'