'Mildred Pierce' Filming Halted Because Kate Winslet Was Badly Bruised
Filming on Kate Winslet's new TV mini-series has been suspended after the actress fell over and hit her head during a game of basketball with her kids. The "Titanic" star has been shooting new HBO show "Mildred Pierce" in New York City, but production was halted on Monday, May 24 after she suffered a mishap while playing with Mia, nine, and Joe, six - her two children with estranged husband Sam Mendes.
Winslet reportedly bumped her head when she fell over and was left badly bruised, forcing TV bosses to shut down production on the series. A source tells New York Post gossip column PageSix, "She fell after being hit by a basketball and suffered bruising that couldn't be covered with make-up, so the entire production was halted (on) Monday."
A representative for Winslet confirmed the incident, and insisted the star "is fine".
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order