Julia Roberts' 'Eat, Pray, Love' Amazes the Book's Author
The bestselling author whose book inspired Julia Roberts' new film was left emotionally drained after watching the movie. Elizabeth Gilbert watched "Eat, Pray, Love" at a screening with her husband recently and admits it was tough to watch her own epic journey, which she wrote about for "Eat, Pray, Love" unfold on the big screen in front of her.
Appearing with Roberts, who plays Gilbert in the film, on U.S. talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 24, the author said, "I'm still all emotional about it... It's essentially like this amazing director and this great actress and this cinematographer got together and made me a home movie of my year's journey, but they photoshopped me out and replaced me with somebody with really amazing skin and 38-inch legs."
But she admits struggled with her emotions after watching director Ryan Murphy's film. "I was a wreck... What I was watching encapsulated the worst and best time of my life condensed down into two hours, so I came out of it shaken, amazed, delighted, tearful," she says. "I went home, drank two bottles of wine and went to bed at eight o'clock... It was a lot to see it all unfold."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3