Julia Roberts' 'Eat, Pray, Love' Amazes the Book's Author
The bestselling author whose book inspired Julia Roberts' new film was left emotionally drained after watching the movie. Elizabeth Gilbert watched "Eat, Pray, Love" at a screening with her husband recently and admits it was tough to watch her own epic journey, which she wrote about for "Eat, Pray, Love" unfold on the big screen in front of her.
Appearing with Roberts, who plays Gilbert in the film, on U.S. talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 24, the author said, "I'm still all emotional about it... It's essentially like this amazing director and this great actress and this cinematographer got together and made me a home movie of my year's journey, but they photoshopped me out and replaced me with somebody with really amazing skin and 38-inch legs."
But she admits struggled with her emotions after watching director Ryan Murphy's film. "I was a wreck... What I was watching encapsulated the worst and best time of my life condensed down into two hours, so I came out of it shaken, amazed, delighted, tearful," she says. "I went home, drank two bottles of wine and went to bed at eight o'clock... It was a lot to see it all unfold."
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram