Julia Roberts' 'Eat, Pray, Love' Amazes the Book's Author
The bestselling author whose book inspired Julia Roberts' new film was left emotionally drained after watching the movie. Elizabeth Gilbert watched "Eat, Pray, Love" at a screening with her husband recently and admits it was tough to watch her own epic journey, which she wrote about for "Eat, Pray, Love" unfold on the big screen in front of her.
Appearing with Roberts, who plays Gilbert in the film, on U.S. talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 24, the author said, "I'm still all emotional about it... It's essentially like this amazing director and this great actress and this cinematographer got together and made me a home movie of my year's journey, but they photoshopped me out and replaced me with somebody with really amazing skin and 38-inch legs."
But she admits struggled with her emotions after watching director Ryan Murphy's film. "I was a wreck... What I was watching encapsulated the worst and best time of my life condensed down into two hours, so I came out of it shaken, amazed, delighted, tearful," she says. "I went home, drank two bottles of wine and went to bed at eight o'clock... It was a lot to see it all unfold."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up