Julia Roberts' 'Eat, Pray, Love' Amazes the Book's Author
The bestselling author whose book inspired Julia Roberts' new film was left emotionally drained after watching the movie. Elizabeth Gilbert watched "Eat, Pray, Love" at a screening with her husband recently and admits it was tough to watch her own epic journey, which she wrote about for "Eat, Pray, Love" unfold on the big screen in front of her.
Appearing with Roberts, who plays Gilbert in the film, on U.S. talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 24, the author said, "I'm still all emotional about it... It's essentially like this amazing director and this great actress and this cinematographer got together and made me a home movie of my year's journey, but they photoshopped me out and replaced me with somebody with really amazing skin and 38-inch legs."
But she admits struggled with her emotions after watching director Ryan Murphy's film. "I was a wreck... What I was watching encapsulated the worst and best time of my life condensed down into two hours, so I came out of it shaken, amazed, delighted, tearful," she says. "I went home, drank two bottles of wine and went to bed at eight o'clock... It was a lot to see it all unfold."
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video