Mastodon Call Off World Tour Because Guitarist Is Sick
Rockers Mastodon have scrapped their upcoming summer world tour after the group's guitarist Bill Kelliher was diagnosed with pancreatitis. The band was due to start its trek in Germany on June 5, but Kelliher has been advised by doctors to take more recovery time after he was struck down with inflammation of the pancreas.
The rocker's medics are said to be optimistic about his recovery, reports Blabbermouth.net. Kelliher was also forced to drop out of the band's European tour in 2008 after falling sick with a mystery illness.
Bill himself told Kerrang! Magazine about his illness, "The doctor told me I can't drink alcohol anymore. The partying has calmed down a lot. It really needs to totally stop but it's not that easy when everybody around you is drinking, partying and having a good time. It's definitely a disease, alcoholism, and I'm not cured of it yet."
"I'm still in the phase of trying to deal with it myself and get out of that phase but I don't know if that means I'd have to leave the band or what. It never really crossed my mind (to the leave the band) 'till recently but talking to my wife back home, she's really upset that I'd risk my life just for beer or alcohol. When I'm home it's a lot easier to regulate it. Just recently I've been feeling like I don't know what I'm going to do."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy