Mastodon Call Off World Tour Because Guitarist Is Sick
Rockers Mastodon have scrapped their upcoming summer world tour after the group's guitarist Bill Kelliher was diagnosed with pancreatitis. The band was due to start its trek in Germany on June 5, but Kelliher has been advised by doctors to take more recovery time after he was struck down with inflammation of the pancreas.
The rocker's medics are said to be optimistic about his recovery, reports Blabbermouth.net. Kelliher was also forced to drop out of the band's European tour in 2008 after falling sick with a mystery illness.
Bill himself told Kerrang! Magazine about his illness, "The doctor told me I can't drink alcohol anymore. The partying has calmed down a lot. It really needs to totally stop but it's not that easy when everybody around you is drinking, partying and having a good time. It's definitely a disease, alcoholism, and I'm not cured of it yet."
"I'm still in the phase of trying to deal with it myself and get out of that phase but I don't know if that means I'd have to leave the band or what. It never really crossed my mind (to the leave the band) 'till recently but talking to my wife back home, she's really upset that I'd risk my life just for beer or alcohol. When I'm home it's a lot easier to regulate it. Just recently I've been feeling like I don't know what I'm going to do."
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts