Mastodon Call Off World Tour Because Guitarist Is Sick
Rockers Mastodon have scrapped their upcoming summer world tour after the group's guitarist Bill Kelliher was diagnosed with pancreatitis. The band was due to start its trek in Germany on June 5, but Kelliher has been advised by doctors to take more recovery time after he was struck down with inflammation of the pancreas.
The rocker's medics are said to be optimistic about his recovery, reports Blabbermouth.net. Kelliher was also forced to drop out of the band's European tour in 2008 after falling sick with a mystery illness.
Bill himself told Kerrang! Magazine about his illness, "The doctor told me I can't drink alcohol anymore. The partying has calmed down a lot. It really needs to totally stop but it's not that easy when everybody around you is drinking, partying and having a good time. It's definitely a disease, alcoholism, and I'm not cured of it yet."
"I'm still in the phase of trying to deal with it myself and get out of that phase but I don't know if that means I'd have to leave the band or what. It never really crossed my mind (to the leave the band) 'till recently but talking to my wife back home, she's really upset that I'd risk my life just for beer or alcohol. When I'm home it's a lot easier to regulate it. Just recently I've been feeling like I don't know what I'm going to do."
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'