Dad Pleased That Lindsay Lohan Is Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is pleased with a court order which will see the actress confined to California and forced to wear an alcohol-detecting device - insisting the ruling will help his daughter overcome her problems. The "Mean Girls" star left a Beverly Hills courthouse on Monday, May 24 wearing the accessory strapped to her ankle after facing Judge Marsha Revel, who ordered Lohan not to leave the state and not to drink alcohol or take drugs for the foreseeable future.
The hearing came five days after Lohan missed a mandatory court appearance because she was stranded in Europe at the Cannes Film Festival in France without a passport. Lohan must wear the tamper-proof device at all times and if she fails to meet the sober conditions of her bail, the actress faces jail.
Her father Michael Lohan is happy with the conditions set by Judge Revel and hopes the move will help his daughter put her troubles behind her. He says, "I'm in favor of anything that keeps my daughter out of jail and helps her with her substance abuse problem. I still contend that the prescription drugs are her major problem."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016