Dad Pleased That Lindsay Lohan Is Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is pleased with a court order which will see the actress confined to California and forced to wear an alcohol-detecting device - insisting the ruling will help his daughter overcome her problems. The "Mean Girls" star left a Beverly Hills courthouse on Monday, May 24 wearing the accessory strapped to her ankle after facing Judge Marsha Revel, who ordered Lohan not to leave the state and not to drink alcohol or take drugs for the foreseeable future.
The hearing came five days after Lohan missed a mandatory court appearance because she was stranded in Europe at the Cannes Film Festival in France without a passport. Lohan must wear the tamper-proof device at all times and if she fails to meet the sober conditions of her bail, the actress faces jail.
Her father Michael Lohan is happy with the conditions set by Judge Revel and hopes the move will help his daughter put her troubles behind her. He says, "I'm in favor of anything that keeps my daughter out of jail and helps her with her substance abuse problem. I still contend that the prescription drugs are her major problem."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs