Dad Pleased That Lindsay Lohan Is Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is pleased with a court order which will see the actress confined to California and forced to wear an alcohol-detecting device - insisting the ruling will help his daughter overcome her problems. The "Mean Girls" star left a Beverly Hills courthouse on Monday, May 24 wearing the accessory strapped to her ankle after facing Judge Marsha Revel, who ordered Lohan not to leave the state and not to drink alcohol or take drugs for the foreseeable future.
The hearing came five days after Lohan missed a mandatory court appearance because she was stranded in Europe at the Cannes Film Festival in France without a passport. Lohan must wear the tamper-proof device at all times and if she fails to meet the sober conditions of her bail, the actress faces jail.
Her father Michael Lohan is happy with the conditions set by Judge Revel and hopes the move will help his daughter put her troubles behind her. He says, "I'm in favor of anything that keeps my daughter out of jail and helps her with her substance abuse problem. I still contend that the prescription drugs are her major problem."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'