Britney Spears Beats Out Ashton Kutcher for the Highest Amount of Twitter Followers
Britney Spears has overtaken Ashton Kutcher as the most popular celebrity on Twitter, the singer now has the highest amount of followers on the microblogging site. The "Just Married" star has been an outspoken fan of the forum since 2008 and was the first member to reach one million supporters.
But now the "Toxic" hitmaker has overtaken Kutcher, Spears has 4,955,768 followers compared to the actor's 4,944,221 online fans. And the singer is ecstatic about the news - in a post on the social networking site she writes, "This is really amazing! I love you all! I better get busy writing 4,947,608 thank you notes! U guys make me sooo happy (sic)."
Kutcher is adamant he's not bothered about Spears succeeding him as Twitter's top tweeter, he was left unimpressed when he was asked about her followers during a press junket for his new film "Killers". In a message on his Twitter blog, he writes, "2nd most pop Q 'What do U think about Brittney having more followers than u?' Answer: 'I don't care. Aren't u suppose 2B a movie reporter?' (sic)."
More Britney Spears News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding