Britney Spears Beats Out Ashton Kutcher for the Highest Amount of Twitter Followers
Britney Spears has overtaken Ashton Kutcher as the most popular celebrity on Twitter, the singer now has the highest amount of followers on the microblogging site. The "Just Married" star has been an outspoken fan of the forum since 2008 and was the first member to reach one million supporters.
But now the "Toxic" hitmaker has overtaken Kutcher, Spears has 4,955,768 followers compared to the actor's 4,944,221 online fans. And the singer is ecstatic about the news - in a post on the social networking site she writes, "This is really amazing! I love you all! I better get busy writing 4,947,608 thank you notes! U guys make me sooo happy (sic)."
Kutcher is adamant he's not bothered about Spears succeeding him as Twitter's top tweeter, he was left unimpressed when he was asked about her followers during a press junket for his new film "Killers". In a message on his Twitter blog, he writes, "2nd most pop Q 'What do U think about Brittney having more followers than u?' Answer: 'I don't care. Aren't u suppose 2B a movie reporter?' (sic)."
More Britney Spears News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show