'Will and Grace' Actor Sean Hayes Tapped to Host Tony Awards
Former "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes has shaken off the controversy surrounding a recent Newsweek article which targeted him for playing a straight man on Broadway by landing the hosting job at the Tony Awards. Hayes, who is up for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in "Promises, Promises", will take charge of the big theatreworld prizegiving on June 13 in New York.
The musicals "Fela" and "La Cage aux Folles" dominate the nominations. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, are among the nominees for Best Actress category.
Openly gay star Hayes hit the headlines earlier May when he was named in a article written by popular Newsweek columnist Ramin Setoodeh, in which the writer criticized gay stars playing it straight onstage. Gay rights activists and stars have joined forces to demand an apology for the piece from Newsweek.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent