'Will and Grace' Actor Sean Hayes Tapped to Host Tony Awards
Former "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes has shaken off the controversy surrounding a recent Newsweek article which targeted him for playing a straight man on Broadway by landing the hosting job at the Tony Awards. Hayes, who is up for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in "Promises, Promises", will take charge of the big theatreworld prizegiving on June 13 in New York.
The musicals "Fela" and "La Cage aux Folles" dominate the nominations. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, are among the nominees for Best Actress category.
Openly gay star Hayes hit the headlines earlier May when he was named in a article written by popular Newsweek columnist Ramin Setoodeh, in which the writer criticized gay stars playing it straight onstage. Gay rights activists and stars have joined forces to demand an apology for the piece from Newsweek.
More Sean Hayes News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie