'Will and Grace' Actor Sean Hayes Tapped to Host Tony Awards
Former "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes has shaken off the controversy surrounding a recent Newsweek article which targeted him for playing a straight man on Broadway by landing the hosting job at the Tony Awards. Hayes, who is up for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in "Promises, Promises", will take charge of the big theatreworld prizegiving on June 13 in New York.
The musicals "Fela" and "La Cage aux Folles" dominate the nominations. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, are among the nominees for Best Actress category.
Openly gay star Hayes hit the headlines earlier May when he was named in a article written by popular Newsweek columnist Ramin Setoodeh, in which the writer criticized gay stars playing it straight onstage. Gay rights activists and stars have joined forces to demand an apology for the piece from Newsweek.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?