'Will and Grace' Actor Sean Hayes Tapped to Host Tony Awards
Former "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes has shaken off the controversy surrounding a recent Newsweek article which targeted him for playing a straight man on Broadway by landing the hosting job at the Tony Awards. Hayes, who is up for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in "Promises, Promises", will take charge of the big theatreworld prizegiving on June 13 in New York.
The musicals "Fela" and "La Cage aux Folles" dominate the nominations. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, are among the nominees for Best Actress category.
Openly gay star Hayes hit the headlines earlier May when he was named in a article written by popular Newsweek columnist Ramin Setoodeh, in which the writer criticized gay stars playing it straight onstage. Gay rights activists and stars have joined forces to demand an apology for the piece from Newsweek.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers