'Will and Grace' Actor Sean Hayes Tapped to Host Tony Awards
Former "Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes has shaken off the controversy surrounding a recent Newsweek article which targeted him for playing a straight man on Broadway by landing the hosting job at the Tony Awards. Hayes, who is up for Best Actor in a Musical for his role in "Promises, Promises", will take charge of the big theatreworld prizegiving on June 13 in New York.
The musicals "Fela" and "La Cage aux Folles" dominate the nominations. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Scarlett Johansson, meanwhile, are among the nominees for Best Actress category.
Openly gay star Hayes hit the headlines earlier May when he was named in a article written by popular Newsweek columnist Ramin Setoodeh, in which the writer criticized gay stars playing it straight onstage. Gay rights activists and stars have joined forces to demand an apology for the piece from Newsweek.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes