Paula Abdul Hired to Judge 'Got to Dance'
Paula Abdul is bouncing back to the small screen with her own reality TV contest, "Got to Dance", a year after quitting her job as a judge on "American Idol".
The singer/dancer has been searching for a new role since failing to reach a new pay deal with the executives of Simon Cowell's hit talent contest last summer. She was in talks to resurrect 1980s talent show "Star Search" but the negotiations fell apart earlier this year.
Abdul is set to return as a judge on a new dance programme, based on a similar British format. She will also executive produce the project. An air date for "Got to Dance" has yet to be announced.
There was also a rumor that she is slated to make a brief appearance on "Idol" finale this week since this would be Cowell's last season.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered