Paula Abdul Hired to Judge 'Got to Dance'
Paula Abdul is bouncing back to the small screen with her own reality TV contest, "Got to Dance", a year after quitting her job as a judge on "American Idol".
The singer/dancer has been searching for a new role since failing to reach a new pay deal with the executives of Simon Cowell's hit talent contest last summer. She was in talks to resurrect 1980s talent show "Star Search" but the negotiations fell apart earlier this year.
Abdul is set to return as a judge on a new dance programme, based on a similar British format. She will also executive produce the project. An air date for "Got to Dance" has yet to be announced.
There was also a rumor that she is slated to make a brief appearance on "Idol" finale this week since this would be Cowell's last season.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance