Paula Abdul Hired to Judge 'Got to Dance'
Paula Abdul is bouncing back to the small screen with her own reality TV contest, "Got to Dance", a year after quitting her job as a judge on "American Idol".
The singer/dancer has been searching for a new role since failing to reach a new pay deal with the executives of Simon Cowell's hit talent contest last summer. She was in talks to resurrect 1980s talent show "Star Search" but the negotiations fell apart earlier this year.
Abdul is set to return as a judge on a new dance programme, based on a similar British format. She will also executive produce the project. An air date for "Got to Dance" has yet to be announced.
There was also a rumor that she is slated to make a brief appearance on "Idol" finale this week since this would be Cowell's last season.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal