Paula Abdul Hired to Judge 'Got to Dance'
Paula Abdul is bouncing back to the small screen with her own reality TV contest, "Got to Dance", a year after quitting her job as a judge on "American Idol".
The singer/dancer has been searching for a new role since failing to reach a new pay deal with the executives of Simon Cowell's hit talent contest last summer. She was in talks to resurrect 1980s talent show "Star Search" but the negotiations fell apart earlier this year.
Abdul is set to return as a judge on a new dance programme, based on a similar British format. She will also executive produce the project. An air date for "Got to Dance" has yet to be announced.
There was also a rumor that she is slated to make a brief appearance on "Idol" finale this week since this would be Cowell's last season.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group