Paula Abdul Hired to Judge 'Got to Dance'
Paula Abdul is bouncing back to the small screen with her own reality TV contest, "Got to Dance", a year after quitting her job as a judge on "American Idol".
The singer/dancer has been searching for a new role since failing to reach a new pay deal with the executives of Simon Cowell's hit talent contest last summer. She was in talks to resurrect 1980s talent show "Star Search" but the negotiations fell apart earlier this year.
Abdul is set to return as a judge on a new dance programme, based on a similar British format. She will also executive produce the project. An air date for "Got to Dance" has yet to be announced.
There was also a rumor that she is slated to make a brief appearance on "Idol" finale this week since this would be Cowell's last season.
More Paula Abdul News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding