Tom Jones Postpones Summer Concert
A Tom Jones concert in Britain has been postponed after planned building work at the venue overran. The Welsh singer was due to perform in Norwich, England on June 5 at Carrow Road stadium, the home of Norwich City Football Club. Bosses at the soccer club scheduled construction over the summer to expand capacity at the ground, but the work will now take longer than originally expected and they have been forced to scrap Jones' concert until the building is completed.
A statement from the club reads, "Norwich City Football Club is very disappointed to announce that the Tom Jones concert has been postponed. The Club has been working hard to find ways to maximize its capacity for season 2010-11 in order to provide the opportunity for more home fans to attend games."
"The review undertaken on behalf of the Club has identified additional areas for extra seats which has extended the work beyond what was originally planned. This work will therefore cause more disruption to the stadium over the summer than was originally anticipated. Unfortunately it is not possible to install the extra seating and host a concert and with sincere regret the Club has had to take the decision to postpone Tom Jones' appearance."
Full refunds will be given to ticket-holders and Norwich City executives plan to rearrange the concert for a future date.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift