Tom Jones Postpones Summer Concert
A Tom Jones concert in Britain has been postponed after planned building work at the venue overran. The Welsh singer was due to perform in Norwich, England on June 5 at Carrow Road stadium, the home of Norwich City Football Club. Bosses at the soccer club scheduled construction over the summer to expand capacity at the ground, but the work will now take longer than originally expected and they have been forced to scrap Jones' concert until the building is completed.
A statement from the club reads, "Norwich City Football Club is very disappointed to announce that the Tom Jones concert has been postponed. The Club has been working hard to find ways to maximize its capacity for season 2010-11 in order to provide the opportunity for more home fans to attend games."
"The review undertaken on behalf of the Club has identified additional areas for extra seats which has extended the work beyond what was originally planned. This work will therefore cause more disruption to the stadium over the summer than was originally anticipated. Unfortunately it is not possible to install the extra seating and host a concert and with sincere regret the Club has had to take the decision to postpone Tom Jones' appearance."
Full refunds will be given to ticket-holders and Norwich City executives plan to rearrange the concert for a future date.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'