Alec Baldwin NOT Running for Governor
A representative for Alec Baldwin has denied the star is set to swap acting for politics following rumors linking him to a candidacy in New York. Officials at the Working Families Party (WFP) are said to have been keen to sign up the "30 Rock" star to potentially run for office this year.
But although Baldwin has previously expressed an interest in making a career change, his spokesman Matthew Hiltzik insists the funnyman hasn't any plans to move into politics just yet.
He tells the New York Daily News, "It's flattering that people recognize Alec's strong sense of the issues, political perspectives, popularity and passion for New York. But no, he has no current plans to run for office. But who knows what may happen in the future?"
More Alec Baldwin News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed