Alec Baldwin NOT Running for Governor
A representative for Alec Baldwin has denied the star is set to swap acting for politics following rumors linking him to a candidacy in New York. Officials at the Working Families Party (WFP) are said to have been keen to sign up the "30 Rock" star to potentially run for office this year.
But although Baldwin has previously expressed an interest in making a career change, his spokesman Matthew Hiltzik insists the funnyman hasn't any plans to move into politics just yet.
He tells the New York Daily News, "It's flattering that people recognize Alec's strong sense of the issues, political perspectives, popularity and passion for New York. But no, he has no current plans to run for office. But who knows what may happen in the future?"
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie