Alec Baldwin NOT Running for Governor
A representative for Alec Baldwin has denied the star is set to swap acting for politics following rumors linking him to a candidacy in New York. Officials at the Working Families Party (WFP) are said to have been keen to sign up the "30 Rock" star to potentially run for office this year.
But although Baldwin has previously expressed an interest in making a career change, his spokesman Matthew Hiltzik insists the funnyman hasn't any plans to move into politics just yet.
He tells the New York Daily News, "It's flattering that people recognize Alec's strong sense of the issues, political perspectives, popularity and passion for New York. But no, he has no current plans to run for office. But who knows what may happen in the future?"
More Alec Baldwin News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story