Alec Baldwin NOT Running for Governor
A representative for Alec Baldwin has denied the star is set to swap acting for politics following rumors linking him to a candidacy in New York. Officials at the Working Families Party (WFP) are said to have been keen to sign up the "30 Rock" star to potentially run for office this year.
But although Baldwin has previously expressed an interest in making a career change, his spokesman Matthew Hiltzik insists the funnyman hasn't any plans to move into politics just yet.
He tells the New York Daily News, "It's flattering that people recognize Alec's strong sense of the issues, political perspectives, popularity and passion for New York. But no, he has no current plans to run for office. But who knows what may happen in the future?"
More Alec Baldwin News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle