Lindsay Lohan Upset Over Missing Her Brother's Graduation Ceremony
Lindsay Lohan fought back tears during an interview on Sunday, May 23 as she told of her anguish over missing her brother's graduation ceremony to attend a probation hearing. The "Mean Girls" star skipped the important court date last week because she was stranded in France after her passport went missing.
She returned to the U.S. at the weekend ahead of a rescheduled court meeting on Monday, May 24 - but revealed her arrival in Los Angeles was bittersweet because she was missing her sibling's graduation. Her voice cracked with emotion as she admitted she was heartbroken she could not see her little brother, Michael Lohan, Jr., graduate from Ithaca College in New York.
She told Hollywood.tv, "(I feel) upset. It sucks. It's horrible. (Our relationship) is great. I'm proud of him; I wish I could be there." But the actress is confident she won't be sentenced to jail time after she meets with the judge at the Beverly Hills Courthouse.
She adds, "I don't see what reason I would go to prison for. I have been more than in compliance with everything having to do with the court system. I would be done in two weeks and four days, because I missed one class (when) my uncle passed away. I stayed in New York to be with my family. I didn't even go to the funeral because I came back (to Los Angeles) and did another class. I don't see why I would have to go to prison and the only person who has ever suggested anything like that is my father."
Judge Marsha Revel issued a warrant for her arrest after the court no-show, but representatives for Lohan posted $10,000 of her $100,000 bail and the warrant was recalled. The judge has also stated there was reason to believe Lohan had violated the terms of her probation, which could result in a 180-day prison sentence.
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos