Lindsay Lohan Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan may have lost another movie role thanks to her extended stay at the Cannes Film Festival in France, a judge has forbidden the actress from leaving Los Angeles. Lohan appeared before Judge Marsha Revel on Monday morning, May 24, five days after she failed to appear at a mandatory hearing and was ordered to refrain from drinking or doing drugs for the foreseeable future.
The judge, who initially issued a warrant for the star's arrest last Thursday, on May 20 after she failed to show up, told Lohan she could remain free on bail, but she must wear a SCRAM device on her ankle and submit to random drug tests. Judge Revel also insisted the actress must attend weekly alcohol education classes.
The lawmaker ruled that Lohan risked jail if she failed to comply with any of the stipulations of her bail. Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, pointed out that the restrictions would prevent Lohan from traveling to Texas for a movie, but the judge was unsympathetic.
The actress angered Judge Revel when she failed to show in court last week, claiming her passport had been stolen at the Cannes Film Festival and she was unable to get back to Los Angeles in time. She flew in on Sunday, May 23.
In a pre-hearing interview with Hollywood.tv, Lohan insisted she didn't deserve jail time or a rehab stint. She said, "I don't see what reason I would go to prison for. I've been more than compliant with everything having to do with the court system." The actress failed to complete a prior court-ordered alcohol education course.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger