Lindsay Lohan Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan may have lost another movie role thanks to her extended stay at the Cannes Film Festival in France, a judge has forbidden the actress from leaving Los Angeles. Lohan appeared before Judge Marsha Revel on Monday morning, May 24, five days after she failed to appear at a mandatory hearing and was ordered to refrain from drinking or doing drugs for the foreseeable future.
The judge, who initially issued a warrant for the star's arrest last Thursday, on May 20 after she failed to show up, told Lohan she could remain free on bail, but she must wear a SCRAM device on her ankle and submit to random drug tests. Judge Revel also insisted the actress must attend weekly alcohol education classes.
The lawmaker ruled that Lohan risked jail if she failed to comply with any of the stipulations of her bail. Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, pointed out that the restrictions would prevent Lohan from traveling to Texas for a movie, but the judge was unsympathetic.
The actress angered Judge Revel when she failed to show in court last week, claiming her passport had been stolen at the Cannes Film Festival and she was unable to get back to Los Angeles in time. She flew in on Sunday, May 23.
In a pre-hearing interview with Hollywood.tv, Lohan insisted she didn't deserve jail time or a rehab stint. She said, "I don't see what reason I would go to prison for. I've been more than compliant with everything having to do with the court system." The actress failed to complete a prior court-ordered alcohol education course.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes