Lindsay Lohan Banned From Leaving Los Angeles
Lindsay Lohan may have lost another movie role thanks to her extended stay at the Cannes Film Festival in France, a judge has forbidden the actress from leaving Los Angeles. Lohan appeared before Judge Marsha Revel on Monday morning, May 24, five days after she failed to appear at a mandatory hearing and was ordered to refrain from drinking or doing drugs for the foreseeable future.
The judge, who initially issued a warrant for the star's arrest last Thursday, on May 20 after she failed to show up, told Lohan she could remain free on bail, but she must wear a SCRAM device on her ankle and submit to random drug tests. Judge Revel also insisted the actress must attend weekly alcohol education classes.
The lawmaker ruled that Lohan risked jail if she failed to comply with any of the stipulations of her bail. Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, pointed out that the restrictions would prevent Lohan from traveling to Texas for a movie, but the judge was unsympathetic.
The actress angered Judge Revel when she failed to show in court last week, claiming her passport had been stolen at the Cannes Film Festival and she was unable to get back to Los Angeles in time. She flew in on Sunday, May 23.
In a pre-hearing interview with Hollywood.tv, Lohan insisted she didn't deserve jail time or a rehab stint. She said, "I don't see what reason I would go to prison for. I've been more than compliant with everything having to do with the court system." The actress failed to complete a prior court-ordered alcohol education course.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7