Robin Gibb of Bee Gees Fuming Over Airport Extra Security Check
Robin Gibb shocked onlookers at Heathrow Airport in London on Sunday, May 23 when he allegedly hurled expletives at staff and refused to board a plane bound for Los Angeles over a security issue. The Bee Gees' star was randomly selected for an extra security check and reportedly fumed at British Airways employees before storming out of the pre-check-in.
A source tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "He went absolutely crazy and was swearing his head off at the check-in team. It wasn't their fault - people are selected at random by the computer for extra checks. But he wasn't having any of it."
"He was told by security to calm down or he would not be able to fly. He told them to eff off. When it became clear to him he would not board without the extra checks he stormed out. He was spitting feathers and everyone in the lounge was horrified." A spokesperson for British Airways says, "A passenger who was due to fly to L.A. voluntarily chose not to travel because they did not want to be subjected to additional security searches."
It's not the first time Gibb has fallen foul of airline security staff - in 2008 he missed a flight to Las Vegas after reportedly refusing to let officials search his bag at a London airport.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo