Slash Puzzled Over Axl Rose 's Decision to Sue Former Manager
Slash has fired off at former band mate Axl Rose after the rocker accused music mogul Irving Azoff of attempting to "sabotage" the new-look Guns N' Roses, so the singer would reunite the classic line-up. The guitarist admits Rose's $5 million (3.1 million pound sterling) legal battle with his former svengali has left him lost for words.
In his suit, Rose accuses Azoff and Front Line Management officials of "devising a secret plan to set up Rose and the band for failure so that Rose would have no choice but to reunite with the original Guns N' Roses' members." Rose's legal attack comes a month after his former manager sued him, seeking $1.8 million (1.1 million pound sterling) in commissions.
Puzzled Slash says, "I don't know where Axl is coming from. I know where Irving is coming from - he's looking for commissions for a tour that he booked; a pretty reasonable kind of thing. Axl's countersuing."
The lawsuit appears to be taking its toll on Rose - according go Ultimate Guitar magazine, the singer has postponed a handful of European dates, set to begin in Norway at the end of May.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences