Jose Lima Died of Apparent Heart Attack
Beloved baseball star Jose Lima died on Saturday, May 22 just hours after he attended a tribute to his career at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37 year old took a bow before fans during Friday night's, May 23 game against the Detroit Tigers and then died in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.
The pitcher's wife says, "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him." The death is currently under investigation, but there are no signs of foul play. The colorful star and fan favorite played baseball for five different teams, including the Dodgers, Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals.
Many of his friends offered condolences soon after learning about his death. One of them, Dodgers catcher Brad Ausmus remembered him as a person with "high energy, always in a good mood, loved to sing." He added, "We had to listen to his demo tape all the time in the locker room. Now it's a fond memory. Back then, it was annoying."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl