Jose Lima Died of Apparent Heart Attack
Beloved baseball star Jose Lima died on Saturday, May 22 just hours after he attended a tribute to his career at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37 year old took a bow before fans during Friday night's, May 23 game against the Detroit Tigers and then died in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.
The pitcher's wife says, "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him." The death is currently under investigation, but there are no signs of foul play. The colorful star and fan favorite played baseball for five different teams, including the Dodgers, Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals.
Many of his friends offered condolences soon after learning about his death. One of them, Dodgers catcher Brad Ausmus remembered him as a person with "high energy, always in a good mood, loved to sing." He added, "We had to listen to his demo tape all the time in the locker room. Now it's a fond memory. Back then, it was annoying."
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner