Jose Lima Died of Apparent Heart Attack
Beloved baseball star Jose Lima died on Saturday, May 22 just hours after he attended a tribute to his career at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37 year old took a bow before fans during Friday night's, May 23 game against the Detroit Tigers and then died in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.
The pitcher's wife says, "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him." The death is currently under investigation, but there are no signs of foul play. The colorful star and fan favorite played baseball for five different teams, including the Dodgers, Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals.
Many of his friends offered condolences soon after learning about his death. One of them, Dodgers catcher Brad Ausmus remembered him as a person with "high energy, always in a good mood, loved to sing." He added, "We had to listen to his demo tape all the time in the locker room. Now it's a fond memory. Back then, it was annoying."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie