Jose Lima Died of Apparent Heart Attack
Beloved baseball star Jose Lima died on Saturday, May 22 just hours after he attended a tribute to his career at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37 year old took a bow before fans during Friday night's, May 23 game against the Detroit Tigers and then died in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.
The pitcher's wife says, "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him." The death is currently under investigation, but there are no signs of foul play. The colorful star and fan favorite played baseball for five different teams, including the Dodgers, Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals.
Many of his friends offered condolences soon after learning about his death. One of them, Dodgers catcher Brad Ausmus remembered him as a person with "high energy, always in a good mood, loved to sing." He added, "We had to listen to his demo tape all the time in the locker room. Now it's a fond memory. Back then, it was annoying."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle