Jose Lima Died of Apparent Heart Attack
Beloved baseball star Jose Lima died on Saturday, May 22 just hours after he attended a tribute to his career at the Los Angeles Dodgers. The 37 year old took a bow before fans during Friday night's, May 23 game against the Detroit Tigers and then died in his sleep from an apparent heart attack.
The pitcher's wife says, "I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him." The death is currently under investigation, but there are no signs of foul play. The colorful star and fan favorite played baseball for five different teams, including the Dodgers, Houston Astros and Kansas City Royals.
Many of his friends offered condolences soon after learning about his death. One of them, Dodgers catcher Brad Ausmus remembered him as a person with "high energy, always in a good mood, loved to sing." He added, "We had to listen to his demo tape all the time in the locker room. Now it's a fond memory. Back then, it was annoying."
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood