Russell Brand Shuns His Father From Upcoming Wedding
Russell Brand has reportedly dealt his dad a blow by omitting him from the guest list for his wedding to Katy Perry. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star has invited his beloved mum Barbara to the October ceremony but not his dad Ron, with whom he has had a strained relationship following his parents' divorce as a child.
But his father has brushed off the snub, insisting, "No one has been invited. It's going to be a very small wedding." Ron is believed to be thrilled his funnyman son has found love after a string of girlfriends. A source tells Britain's News of the World, "He respects Russell's wishes and never wants to cause him any grief. He's glad he's found the woman he wants to settle down with. Of course he would like to see his son get married but he is respectful of the situation."
The couple plans to fly a select group of friends and family members to watch them exchange vows in India, where Brand proposed to the singer in December 2009.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video