Russell Brand Shuns His Father From Upcoming Wedding
Russell Brand has reportedly dealt his dad a blow by omitting him from the guest list for his wedding to Katy Perry. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star has invited his beloved mum Barbara to the October ceremony but not his dad Ron, with whom he has had a strained relationship following his parents' divorce as a child.
But his father has brushed off the snub, insisting, "No one has been invited. It's going to be a very small wedding." Ron is believed to be thrilled his funnyman son has found love after a string of girlfriends. A source tells Britain's News of the World, "He respects Russell's wishes and never wants to cause him any grief. He's glad he's found the woman he wants to settle down with. Of course he would like to see his son get married but he is respectful of the situation."
The couple plans to fly a select group of friends and family members to watch them exchange vows in India, where Brand proposed to the singer in December 2009.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame