Russell Brand Shuns His Father From Upcoming Wedding
Russell Brand has reportedly dealt his dad a blow by omitting him from the guest list for his wedding to Katy Perry. The "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" star has invited his beloved mum Barbara to the October ceremony but not his dad Ron, with whom he has had a strained relationship following his parents' divorce as a child.
But his father has brushed off the snub, insisting, "No one has been invited. It's going to be a very small wedding." Ron is believed to be thrilled his funnyman son has found love after a string of girlfriends. A source tells Britain's News of the World, "He respects Russell's wishes and never wants to cause him any grief. He's glad he's found the woman he wants to settle down with. Of course he would like to see his son get married but he is respectful of the situation."
The couple plans to fly a select group of friends and family members to watch them exchange vows in India, where Brand proposed to the singer in December 2009.
More Russell Brand News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'