Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche Won Top Honors at Cannes
Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche added major trophies to their collections on Sunday, May 23 when the two European stars landed the acting awards at the Cannes Film Festival in France. Spaniard Bardem shared the Best Actor Prize with Elio Germano, while "The English Patient" star Binoche was named Best Actress for "Certified Copy".
The Cannes Film Festival's competition jury president Tim Burton handed the coveted Palme d'Or honour to acclaimed Thai movie "Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives". The runner-up Grand Prix prize went to "Of Gods and Men". French actor/director Mathieu Amalric claimed the two-week festival's Best Director award for "Tournee", while the event's Best Screenplay prize went to Lee Chang-dong for "Poetry".
Other big winners during the closing ceremony's prizegiving included Ano Bisiesto (Camera d'Or), "A Screaming Man" (Prix du Jury), "Ha Ha Ha" (Prize of Un Certain Regard) and "Octubre" (Un Certain Regard Jury Prize).
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young