Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche Won Top Honors at Cannes
Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche added major trophies to their collections on Sunday, May 23 when the two European stars landed the acting awards at the Cannes Film Festival in France. Spaniard Bardem shared the Best Actor Prize with Elio Germano, while "The English Patient" star Binoche was named Best Actress for "Certified Copy".
The Cannes Film Festival's competition jury president Tim Burton handed the coveted Palme d'Or honour to acclaimed Thai movie "Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives". The runner-up Grand Prix prize went to "Of Gods and Men". French actor/director Mathieu Amalric claimed the two-week festival's Best Director award for "Tournee", while the event's Best Screenplay prize went to Lee Chang-dong for "Poetry".
Other big winners during the closing ceremony's prizegiving included Ano Bisiesto (Camera d'Or), "A Screaming Man" (Prix du Jury), "Ha Ha Ha" (Prize of Un Certain Regard) and "Octubre" (Un Certain Regard Jury Prize).
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl