Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche Won Top Honors at Cannes
Oscar winners Javier Bardem and Juliette Binoche added major trophies to their collections on Sunday, May 23 when the two European stars landed the acting awards at the Cannes Film Festival in France. Spaniard Bardem shared the Best Actor Prize with Elio Germano, while "The English Patient" star Binoche was named Best Actress for "Certified Copy".
The Cannes Film Festival's competition jury president Tim Burton handed the coveted Palme d'Or honour to acclaimed Thai movie "Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives". The runner-up Grand Prix prize went to "Of Gods and Men". French actor/director Mathieu Amalric claimed the two-week festival's Best Director award for "Tournee", while the event's Best Screenplay prize went to Lee Chang-dong for "Poetry".
Other big winners during the closing ceremony's prizegiving included Ano Bisiesto (Camera d'Or), "A Screaming Man" (Prix du Jury), "Ha Ha Ha" (Prize of Un Certain Regard) and "Octubre" (Un Certain Regard Jury Prize).
More Javier Bardem News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers