Lewis Hamilton Charged With 'Intentional Loss of Control'
Racing driver Lewis Hamilton has been charged over a stunt he performed on a public road ahead of the Australian Grand Prix in March. The Formula One ace, dating The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger, was arrested by authorities who spotted him doing a 'burn-out' turn into a busy street in a loaned Mercedes after a practice at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne.
Hamilton has now been charged with "intentional loss of control of a motor vehicle". A hearing has been scheduled for August 24 in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court - five days before he is to participate in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton was rumored to rekindle his romance with Nicole Scherzinger earlier this year, just a month after they announced their break-up. Back then when deciding to split, they reasoned that they needed time to focus on their own careers. Scherzinger was completing her solo album "Her Name Is Nicole", while Lewis was struggling to win back his F1 crown from current world champion Jenson Button.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande