Lewis Hamilton Charged With 'Intentional Loss of Control'
Racing driver Lewis Hamilton has been charged over a stunt he performed on a public road ahead of the Australian Grand Prix in March. The Formula One ace, dating The Pussycat Dolls star Nicole Scherzinger, was arrested by authorities who spotted him doing a 'burn-out' turn into a busy street in a loaned Mercedes after a practice at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne.
Hamilton has now been charged with "intentional loss of control of a motor vehicle". A hearing has been scheduled for August 24 in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court - five days before he is to participate in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton was rumored to rekindle his romance with Nicole Scherzinger earlier this year, just a month after they announced their break-up. Back then when deciding to split, they reasoned that they needed time to focus on their own careers. Scherzinger was completing her solo album "Her Name Is Nicole", while Lewis was struggling to win back his F1 crown from current world champion Jenson Button.
More Lewis Hamilton News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season