Dolly Parton Laughed Off Open Marriage Rumor
Dolly Parton has laughed off reports she and her reclusive husband Carl enjoy an open marriage, insisting she'd "kill him" if he cheated on her. The country superstar insists past comments she has made about their relationship have been taken out of context and she remains as loyal and devoted to her man as she did the day she married him, 44 years ago.
Speaking on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, May 21, Parton said, "We let each other be who we are and what we are, but I'd kill him if I knew he was with somebody and he'd kill me... I'm open to saying that. He knows I'm a flirt and a tease but it's harmless. I've never met the man who would take his place... We're good friends."
The country singer met her husband the day she arrived in Nashville, Tennessee to embark on a career as a performer - and she knows he loves her for all the right reasons. She adds, "I wasn't a star then so I've never had to worry that he loves me because I'm a star or I've got money... I know he loves me for me."
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap