Dolly Parton Laughed Off Open Marriage Rumor
Dolly Parton has laughed off reports she and her reclusive husband Carl enjoy an open marriage, insisting she'd "kill him" if he cheated on her. The country superstar insists past comments she has made about their relationship have been taken out of context and she remains as loyal and devoted to her man as she did the day she married him, 44 years ago.
Speaking on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, May 21, Parton said, "We let each other be who we are and what we are, but I'd kill him if I knew he was with somebody and he'd kill me... I'm open to saying that. He knows I'm a flirt and a tease but it's harmless. I've never met the man who would take his place... We're good friends."
The country singer met her husband the day she arrived in Nashville, Tennessee to embark on a career as a performer - and she knows he loves her for all the right reasons. She adds, "I wasn't a star then so I've never had to worry that he loves me because I'm a star or I've got money... I know he loves me for me."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'