Dolly Parton Laughed Off Open Marriage Rumor
Dolly Parton has laughed off reports she and her reclusive husband Carl enjoy an open marriage, insisting she'd "kill him" if he cheated on her. The country superstar insists past comments she has made about their relationship have been taken out of context and she remains as loyal and devoted to her man as she did the day she married him, 44 years ago.
Speaking on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, May 21, Parton said, "We let each other be who we are and what we are, but I'd kill him if I knew he was with somebody and he'd kill me... I'm open to saying that. He knows I'm a flirt and a tease but it's harmless. I've never met the man who would take his place... We're good friends."
The country singer met her husband the day she arrived in Nashville, Tennessee to embark on a career as a performer - and she knows he loves her for all the right reasons. She adds, "I wasn't a star then so I've never had to worry that he loves me because I'm a star or I've got money... I know he loves me for me."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video