Dolly Parton Laughed Off Open Marriage Rumor
Dolly Parton has laughed off reports she and her reclusive husband Carl enjoy an open marriage, insisting she'd "kill him" if he cheated on her. The country superstar insists past comments she has made about their relationship have been taken out of context and she remains as loyal and devoted to her man as she did the day she married him, 44 years ago.
Speaking on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, May 21, Parton said, "We let each other be who we are and what we are, but I'd kill him if I knew he was with somebody and he'd kill me... I'm open to saying that. He knows I'm a flirt and a tease but it's harmless. I've never met the man who would take his place... We're good friends."
The country singer met her husband the day she arrived in Nashville, Tennessee to embark on a career as a performer - and she knows he loves her for all the right reasons. She adds, "I wasn't a star then so I've never had to worry that he loves me because I'm a star or I've got money... I know he loves me for me."
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot