Eddie Murphy Preparing a Return as Stand-Up Comedian
Eddie Murphy is preparing to return to the stage as a stand-up comedian, but he insists it will be a year before he has enough material for a full show. Before he became an in-demand film star, Murphy was one of the world's top comics and could fill huge venues, like New York's Madison Square Garden - and now he admits he's itching to get back out there.
The "Shrek Forever After" star says, "Within the last six months or so, I started getting an itch to do it again. I started writing stuff... I was like, 'I could go and do 15, 20 minutes right now. Maybe in a couple of months I'll start working out again'."
"But it'll take a year before I'm ready to go on the road... It's gonna take at least a year to get the rust off; 20 years of rust."
More Eddie Murphy News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'