James Franco Scolded by Lecturer for Texting in Class
"Spider-Man" star James Franco felt the wrath of an angry professor after he was caught sending text messages during a university lecture. The actor has been studying filmmaking at New York University's prestigious Tisch School of the Arts, and realized his stardom wouldn't afford him any special treatment when he used his cell phone in class earlier this month, and was reprimanded by his lecturer.
A source tells America's Star magazine, "The professor was so annoyed that James wasn't paying attention; he told him to go wait outside the class. He didn't care James is a celebrity." And Franco was immediately humiliated by the scolding: "James said he felt like a kid."
James Franco is indeed a busy man. Beside reprising his role in soap drama "General Hospital", the actor is also signed to star in "Rise of the Apes" and "Ricky Stanicky".
More James Franco News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury