Cameron Diaz Won't Return as 'Charlie's Angels'
Cameron Diaz has hung up her halo and ruled out a return to the "Charlie's Angels" franchise, insisting she wouldn't be able to fit into her character's tight outfits.
The actress took on the part of Natalie Cook, alongside fellow Angels Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu, in a 2000 movie adaptation of the popular 1970s TV series. The trio reprised their roles for a 2003 sequel, "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle", but Diaz has ruled out another installment.
She tells Us Weekly magazine, "People ask me if I'd do Charlie's Angels 10 years from now, and I'm like, 'What?!' It's a little bit tricky fitting into those pants from 10 years ago (as it is)."
But Diaz admits there's one film franchise she'll always be happy to return to - "Shrek". And, even though "Shrek Forever After" is touted as being the fourth and final film in the green ogre series, she's holding out for more: "I'm in! Hopefully we won't have to wait that long."
"Shrek Forever After" was released in the U.S. this week.
More Cameron Diaz News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy