Bret Michaels in Outpatient Care After Released From Hospital
Rocker Bret Michaels has been discharged from a hospital in Los Angeles after suffering a "warning stroke" earlier this week. The unlucky Poison frontman was in the middle of making comeback plans following a brain haemorrhage last month when he was re-admitted to hospital complaining of numbness on the left side of his body.
Doctors found he had suffered a mini-stroke and discovered he had a hole in his heart. In a post on Michaels' website on Thursday, May 20, his physician Dr. Joseph Zabramski wrote, "There is no doubt that (this) is devastating news to Bret and his family. The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the Transient Ischemic Attack (stroke)."
"Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100 per cent recovery. Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 per cent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."
Michaels' representative Jann Elias reassured fans the star was responding well to treatment, insisting he was already walking and talking and "in good spirits". And in an email to the Associated Press on Friday, May 21, the rocker's publicist Joann Mignano reveals the star has left hospital and is now receiving outpatient care, although no further details were given.
Michaels' stroke is not believed to be related to his near-fatal haemorrhage. It is the singer's third health battle in the last two months - he underwent emergency surgery to remove his appendix in April.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video