Chloe Sevigny Wants to Apply for Community Board Member
Actress Chloe Sevigny wants to apply for a role on a community board in her New York neighbourhood so she can help preserve historic buildings in the area. The "Big Love" star lives in Manhattan's East Village and has opened up about her love for the region in an online video for Bust Magazine.
And she's so keen to protect the area, she wants to get involved with Community Board 3, which covers the East Village, Lower East Side, and parts of Chinatown. She says, "I was actually thinking about joining a community board to help preserve some of the older buildings. Try and save as many of them as possible and try to stop them from building as high."
But although Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is keen for Sevigny to be part of the board, he insists she will have to apply for a position, despite her celebrity status. He tells the New York Daily News, "We have a merit-based process. There's no special treatment here. It actually is exciting that someone of her stature and notoriety would even consider serving her community as a board member."
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win