Chloe Sevigny Wants to Apply for Community Board Member
Actress Chloe Sevigny wants to apply for a role on a community board in her New York neighbourhood so she can help preserve historic buildings in the area. The "Big Love" star lives in Manhattan's East Village and has opened up about her love for the region in an online video for Bust Magazine.
And she's so keen to protect the area, she wants to get involved with Community Board 3, which covers the East Village, Lower East Side, and parts of Chinatown. She says, "I was actually thinking about joining a community board to help preserve some of the older buildings. Try and save as many of them as possible and try to stop them from building as high."
But although Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is keen for Sevigny to be part of the board, he insists she will have to apply for a position, despite her celebrity status. He tells the New York Daily News, "We have a merit-based process. There's no special treatment here. It actually is exciting that someone of her stature and notoriety would even consider serving her community as a board member."
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie