Chloe Sevigny Wants to Apply for Community Board Member
Actress Chloe Sevigny wants to apply for a role on a community board in her New York neighbourhood so she can help preserve historic buildings in the area. The "Big Love" star lives in Manhattan's East Village and has opened up about her love for the region in an online video for Bust Magazine.
And she's so keen to protect the area, she wants to get involved with Community Board 3, which covers the East Village, Lower East Side, and parts of Chinatown. She says, "I was actually thinking about joining a community board to help preserve some of the older buildings. Try and save as many of them as possible and try to stop them from building as high."
But although Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is keen for Sevigny to be part of the board, he insists she will have to apply for a position, despite her celebrity status. He tells the New York Daily News, "We have a merit-based process. There's no special treatment here. It actually is exciting that someone of her stature and notoriety would even consider serving her community as a board member."
More Chloe Sevigny News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory