Chloe Sevigny Wants to Apply for Community Board Member
Actress Chloe Sevigny wants to apply for a role on a community board in her New York neighbourhood so she can help preserve historic buildings in the area. The "Big Love" star lives in Manhattan's East Village and has opened up about her love for the region in an online video for Bust Magazine.
And she's so keen to protect the area, she wants to get involved with Community Board 3, which covers the East Village, Lower East Side, and parts of Chinatown. She says, "I was actually thinking about joining a community board to help preserve some of the older buildings. Try and save as many of them as possible and try to stop them from building as high."
But although Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is keen for Sevigny to be part of the board, he insists she will have to apply for a position, despite her celebrity status. He tells the New York Daily News, "We have a merit-based process. There's no special treatment here. It actually is exciting that someone of her stature and notoriety would even consider serving her community as a board member."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes