Lindsay Lohan's Father Denies Stealing Her Passport
Michael Lohan has slammed reports he stole his daughter Lindsay Lohan's passport, jeopardizing her important probation hearing in Los Angeles and almost landing her in jail. The "Mean Girls" actress was ordered to appear before Judge Marsha Revel at Beverly Hills Courthouse on Thursday, May 20 after only completing 10 of her 13 court-ordered alcohol education classes, stemming from a 2007 arrest.
But Lohan found herself stranded in Europe on Tuesday, May 18 after losing her passport while attending the Cannes Film Festival in France. And the star was convinced her dad was responsible for the lost document, telling GossipCop.com earlier this week, "My passport's been stolen. It's clearly an inside person who works with my father that has been sent to set me up. He's been threatening me."
But Michael Lohan has blasted the accusation, telling the New York Post, "No, I had nothing to do with her passport." A warrant was issued for Lohan's arrest after she failed to attend the hearing, but she has escaped jail after posting the required bail money.
And Michael's attorney Lisa Bloom has now spoken out about the missing passport, insisting Lohan's dad did everything he could to help her get back to America to attend the hearing. She tells U.S. talk show host Larry King, "He's been in Los Angeles the last few days, so the accusation that he stole her passport in France is absurd."
"Michael has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to try to help his daughter, including trying to get her a private plane, trying to get her an expedited passport yesterday. He's also tried to get her to go to rehab for many months. And Lindsay doesn't like that. She doesn't like hearing that. Michael doesn't take her out partying. He doesn't support the lifestyle that she's in."
The 23 year old is next expected in court on Monday, May 24.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday