Lily Allen Wants to Write Songs for Lady GaGa
Lily Allen has vowed to carry on penning songs after winning three prestigious Ivor Novello awards on Thursday, May 20 - and she wants Lady GaGa to record the tracks. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she plans to quit recording and performing live after a string of summer festival dates.
But after she scooped three songwriting trophies at the Ivor Novello ceremony she's decided to carry on in the music industry - but in a behind-the-scenes role. Allen tells Britain's The Sun, "I didn't realize I was an exceptional songwriter. I still just kind of think my songs are like nursery rhymes - little ditties that I write for myself. I am overwhelmed."
"I'm still writing songs all the time and I won't be writing just for myself anymore. I want to write for Lady Gaga."
More Lily Allen News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video