Lily Allen Wants to Write Songs for Lady GaGa
Lily Allen has vowed to carry on penning songs after winning three prestigious Ivor Novello awards on Thursday, May 20 - and she wants Lady GaGa to record the tracks. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she plans to quit recording and performing live after a string of summer festival dates.
But after she scooped three songwriting trophies at the Ivor Novello ceremony she's decided to carry on in the music industry - but in a behind-the-scenes role. Allen tells Britain's The Sun, "I didn't realize I was an exceptional songwriter. I still just kind of think my songs are like nursery rhymes - little ditties that I write for myself. I am overwhelmed."
"I'm still writing songs all the time and I won't be writing just for myself anymore. I want to write for Lady Gaga."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?