Lily Allen Wants to Write Songs for Lady GaGa
Lily Allen has vowed to carry on penning songs after winning three prestigious Ivor Novello awards on Thursday, May 20 - and she wants Lady GaGa to record the tracks. The "Smile" hitmaker announced earlier this year she plans to quit recording and performing live after a string of summer festival dates.
But after she scooped three songwriting trophies at the Ivor Novello ceremony she's decided to carry on in the music industry - but in a behind-the-scenes role. Allen tells Britain's The Sun, "I didn't realize I was an exceptional songwriter. I still just kind of think my songs are like nursery rhymes - little ditties that I write for myself. I am overwhelmed."
"I'm still writing songs all the time and I won't be writing just for myself anymore. I want to write for Lady Gaga."
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'