Lance Armstrong Got Stitches After Bike Crash
Lance Armstrong was forced to pull out of a major cycling tournament on Thursday, May 20 after a nasty fall left him needing stitches. The 38 year old was taking part in the Tour of California race when he misjudged the road layout and was thrown from his bike.
Armstrong was left bloodied and bruised and needed eight stitches below his left eye, according to TMZ.com. The cycling ace has opened up about the mishap on his Twitter.com page, telling followers he was "extremely disappointed" at having to pull out of the race.
He wrote, "I'm alive. Fell face first and banged elbow pretty good. Xrays on the elbow were neg (negative). Extremely disappointed not to be able to continue."
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer