Lance Armstrong Got Stitches After Bike Crash
Lance Armstrong was forced to pull out of a major cycling tournament on Thursday, May 20 after a nasty fall left him needing stitches. The 38 year old was taking part in the Tour of California race when he misjudged the road layout and was thrown from his bike.
Armstrong was left bloodied and bruised and needed eight stitches below his left eye, according to TMZ.com. The cycling ace has opened up about the mishap on his Twitter.com page, telling followers he was "extremely disappointed" at having to pull out of the race.
He wrote, "I'm alive. Fell face first and banged elbow pretty good. Xrays on the elbow were neg (negative). Extremely disappointed not to be able to continue."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal