Lance Armstrong Got Stitches After Bike Crash
Lance Armstrong was forced to pull out of a major cycling tournament on Thursday, May 20 after a nasty fall left him needing stitches. The 38 year old was taking part in the Tour of California race when he misjudged the road layout and was thrown from his bike.
Armstrong was left bloodied and bruised and needed eight stitches below his left eye, according to TMZ.com. The cycling ace has opened up about the mishap on his Twitter.com page, telling followers he was "extremely disappointed" at having to pull out of the race.
He wrote, "I'm alive. Fell face first and banged elbow pretty good. Xrays on the elbow were neg (negative). Extremely disappointed not to be able to continue."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'