Lance Armstrong Got Stitches After Bike Crash
Lance Armstrong was forced to pull out of a major cycling tournament on Thursday, May 20 after a nasty fall left him needing stitches. The 38 year old was taking part in the Tour of California race when he misjudged the road layout and was thrown from his bike.
Armstrong was left bloodied and bruised and needed eight stitches below his left eye, according to TMZ.com. The cycling ace has opened up about the mishap on his Twitter.com page, telling followers he was "extremely disappointed" at having to pull out of the race.
He wrote, "I'm alive. Fell face first and banged elbow pretty good. Xrays on the elbow were neg (negative). Extremely disappointed not to be able to continue."
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards