Simon Cowell: 'Leave Me Alone When I'm Depressed'
Music mogul Simon Cowell can't control the deep depression he often falls into, confessing he's best left alone in his darker moments. In a candid chat with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in America on Thursday, May 20, the moody "American Idol" judge revealed he has always fought the blues and struggles to maintain friendships and relationships when he's low.
He told Winfrey, "When I'm like that I kind of feel like going into some slight hibernation. I'm very dark when I'm in those moments... I get very, very down. Don't come near me. (I'm) like a bear in a cage." Asked what he has to get down about, Cowell explains, "Maybe it's the draining effect when you have a lot of people who depend on you... by the end of it you feel that everything's been sucked out of you because of that dependency."
But the mogul insists he'll never take anti-depressants in a bid to shake the blues. He adds, "I would never take a pill, for instance, to deal with that. It's something I've got to deal with myself." He further explains, "I put it down to, 'OK, so I'm a bit moody, bit over-dramatic about everything, give yourself a mental slap and get on with it.'"
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?