Simon Cowell: 'Leave Me Alone When I'm Depressed'
Music mogul Simon Cowell can't control the deep depression he often falls into, confessing he's best left alone in his darker moments. In a candid chat with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in America on Thursday, May 20, the moody "American Idol" judge revealed he has always fought the blues and struggles to maintain friendships and relationships when he's low.
He told Winfrey, "When I'm like that I kind of feel like going into some slight hibernation. I'm very dark when I'm in those moments... I get very, very down. Don't come near me. (I'm) like a bear in a cage." Asked what he has to get down about, Cowell explains, "Maybe it's the draining effect when you have a lot of people who depend on you... by the end of it you feel that everything's been sucked out of you because of that dependency."
But the mogul insists he'll never take anti-depressants in a bid to shake the blues. He adds, "I would never take a pill, for instance, to deal with that. It's something I've got to deal with myself." He further explains, "I put it down to, 'OK, so I'm a bit moody, bit over-dramatic about everything, give yourself a mental slap and get on with it.'"
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs