Simon Cowell: 'Leave Me Alone When I'm Depressed'
Music mogul Simon Cowell can't control the deep depression he often falls into, confessing he's best left alone in his darker moments. In a candid chat with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in America on Thursday, May 20, the moody "American Idol" judge revealed he has always fought the blues and struggles to maintain friendships and relationships when he's low.
He told Winfrey, "When I'm like that I kind of feel like going into some slight hibernation. I'm very dark when I'm in those moments... I get very, very down. Don't come near me. (I'm) like a bear in a cage." Asked what he has to get down about, Cowell explains, "Maybe it's the draining effect when you have a lot of people who depend on you... by the end of it you feel that everything's been sucked out of you because of that dependency."
But the mogul insists he'll never take anti-depressants in a bid to shake the blues. He adds, "I would never take a pill, for instance, to deal with that. It's something I've got to deal with myself." He further explains, "I put it down to, 'OK, so I'm a bit moody, bit over-dramatic about everything, give yourself a mental slap and get on with it.'"
More Simon Cowell News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung