Simon Cowell: 'Leave Me Alone When I'm Depressed'
Music mogul Simon Cowell can't control the deep depression he often falls into, confessing he's best left alone in his darker moments. In a candid chat with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in America on Thursday, May 20, the moody "American Idol" judge revealed he has always fought the blues and struggles to maintain friendships and relationships when he's low.
He told Winfrey, "When I'm like that I kind of feel like going into some slight hibernation. I'm very dark when I'm in those moments... I get very, very down. Don't come near me. (I'm) like a bear in a cage." Asked what he has to get down about, Cowell explains, "Maybe it's the draining effect when you have a lot of people who depend on you... by the end of it you feel that everything's been sucked out of you because of that dependency."
But the mogul insists he'll never take anti-depressants in a bid to shake the blues. He adds, "I would never take a pill, for instance, to deal with that. It's something I've got to deal with myself." He further explains, "I put it down to, 'OK, so I'm a bit moody, bit over-dramatic about everything, give yourself a mental slap and get on with it.'"
More Simon Cowell News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media