Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson Raise 330,000 Dollars From Gown Auction
Gowns donated by Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore helped to raise more than $330,000 (206,250 poundsterling) for the Haiti relief effort at a Cannes Film Festival gala in France on Wednesday, May 19.
Cruz and her boyfriend Javier Bardem attended the Chopard-sponsored auction on behalf of pal Sean Penn, whose charity benefited from the cash. The actress initiated the auction of haute couture dresses worn by different stars to prestigious events like the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.
Penn was unable to attend the gala as he was fundraising for Haiti in Washington, D.C.
Penelope Cruz has been in Cannes to support Javier Bardem who has been promoting his new film "Biutiful" at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard