Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson Raise 330,000 Dollars From Gown Auction
Gowns donated by Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore helped to raise more than $330,000 (206,250 poundsterling) for the Haiti relief effort at a Cannes Film Festival gala in France on Wednesday, May 19.
Cruz and her boyfriend Javier Bardem attended the Chopard-sponsored auction on behalf of pal Sean Penn, whose charity benefited from the cash. The actress initiated the auction of haute couture dresses worn by different stars to prestigious events like the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.
Penn was unable to attend the gala as he was fundraising for Haiti in Washington, D.C.
Penelope Cruz has been in Cannes to support Javier Bardem who has been promoting his new film "Biutiful" at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame