Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson Raise 330,000 Dollars From Gown Auction
Gowns donated by Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore helped to raise more than $330,000 (206,250 poundsterling) for the Haiti relief effort at a Cannes Film Festival gala in France on Wednesday, May 19.
Cruz and her boyfriend Javier Bardem attended the Chopard-sponsored auction on behalf of pal Sean Penn, whose charity benefited from the cash. The actress initiated the auction of haute couture dresses worn by different stars to prestigious events like the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.
Penn was unable to attend the gala as he was fundraising for Haiti in Washington, D.C.
Penelope Cruz has been in Cannes to support Javier Bardem who has been promoting his new film "Biutiful" at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards