Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson Raise 330,000 Dollars From Gown Auction
Gowns donated by Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore helped to raise more than $330,000 (206,250 poundsterling) for the Haiti relief effort at a Cannes Film Festival gala in France on Wednesday, May 19.
Cruz and her boyfriend Javier Bardem attended the Chopard-sponsored auction on behalf of pal Sean Penn, whose charity benefited from the cash. The actress initiated the auction of haute couture dresses worn by different stars to prestigious events like the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.
Penn was unable to attend the gala as he was fundraising for Haiti in Washington, D.C.
Penelope Cruz has been in Cannes to support Javier Bardem who has been promoting his new film "Biutiful" at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos