Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson Raise 330,000 Dollars From Gown Auction
Gowns donated by Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Julia Roberts and Demi Moore helped to raise more than $330,000 (206,250 poundsterling) for the Haiti relief effort at a Cannes Film Festival gala in France on Wednesday, May 19.
Cruz and her boyfriend Javier Bardem attended the Chopard-sponsored auction on behalf of pal Sean Penn, whose charity benefited from the cash. The actress initiated the auction of haute couture dresses worn by different stars to prestigious events like the Oscars and the Cannes Film Festival.
Penn was unable to attend the gala as he was fundraising for Haiti in Washington, D.C.
Penelope Cruz has been in Cannes to support Javier Bardem who has been promoting his new film "Biutiful" at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special