Betty White Refuses to Speak to Stepdaughter
"Golden Girls" star Betty White has refused to end a 30-year feud with her stepdaughter Martha Ludden. The veteran actress wed Ludden's father, U.S. TV personality Allen Ludden, in 1963 when his daughter was 13.
Martha resented White for taking the place of her mother, who had died just two years earlier, in 1961, and the pair never got along. The teenager turned her anger into rebellion and her behavior caused friction with her own father.
A source tells the National Enquirer, "Allen used to argue with Martha constantly over her... anger towards Betty. Her tumultuous relationship with her father caused him a lot of grief." Allen was eventually diagnosed with stomach cancer and passed away in 1981 - and White has never forgiven Martha for causing so many problems, according to the tabloid.
The insider says, "I think Betty blamed Martha for making Allen's last years nothing but misery and heartache."
Almost three decades after Allen's death, White is still ignoring all attempts by Martha to reconcile. Martha confirms, "The last time I spoke with my stepmother, Betty White, was 30 years ago."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns