Betty White Refuses to Speak to Stepdaughter
"Golden Girls" star Betty White has refused to end a 30-year feud with her stepdaughter Martha Ludden. The veteran actress wed Ludden's father, U.S. TV personality Allen Ludden, in 1963 when his daughter was 13.
Martha resented White for taking the place of her mother, who had died just two years earlier, in 1961, and the pair never got along. The teenager turned her anger into rebellion and her behavior caused friction with her own father.
A source tells the National Enquirer, "Allen used to argue with Martha constantly over her... anger towards Betty. Her tumultuous relationship with her father caused him a lot of grief." Allen was eventually diagnosed with stomach cancer and passed away in 1981 - and White has never forgiven Martha for causing so many problems, according to the tabloid.
The insider says, "I think Betty blamed Martha for making Allen's last years nothing but misery and heartache."
Almost three decades after Allen's death, White is still ignoring all attempts by Martha to reconcile. Martha confirms, "The last time I spoke with my stepmother, Betty White, was 30 years ago."
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces