Betty White Refuses to Speak to Stepdaughter
"Golden Girls" star Betty White has refused to end a 30-year feud with her stepdaughter Martha Ludden. The veteran actress wed Ludden's father, U.S. TV personality Allen Ludden, in 1963 when his daughter was 13.
Martha resented White for taking the place of her mother, who had died just two years earlier, in 1961, and the pair never got along. The teenager turned her anger into rebellion and her behavior caused friction with her own father.
A source tells the National Enquirer, "Allen used to argue with Martha constantly over her... anger towards Betty. Her tumultuous relationship with her father caused him a lot of grief." Allen was eventually diagnosed with stomach cancer and passed away in 1981 - and White has never forgiven Martha for causing so many problems, according to the tabloid.
The insider says, "I think Betty blamed Martha for making Allen's last years nothing but misery and heartache."
Almost three decades after Allen's death, White is still ignoring all attempts by Martha to reconcile. Martha confirms, "The last time I spoke with my stepmother, Betty White, was 30 years ago."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame