Courtney Love Lost Beautiful Song to Christina Aguilera
Courtney Love begged songwriter Linda Perry for a beautiful song, but the in-demand hitmaker gave the track to Christina Aguilera instead. The Hole's singer was desperate to record Perry's "Beautiful" but the former 4 Non Blondes star insisted Love wasn't ready for the attention the ballad would bring her.
The rock star tells MTV, "In my entire life I've never wanted a song fully rendered, that someone else has written, ever... It (song) was 11 years old at the time... and she ended up giving it to Christina Aguilera, but I begged her for it."
"She said to me at the time... 'You're not ready for top 40; you will be. You'll hate this song because you didn't write it', which is totally true... and then we got into a fierce fight about whether she should give it to Britney (Spears) or Christina. She said, 'Someday, you and me are gonna write a song that's better and better suited for you'."
Perry lived up to her promise when she offered "Love Letter to God" for Love's new Hole album Nobody's Daughter". The Hole star adds, "Again it's an old song... She just whipped it out one day."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'