Catherine Zeta-Jones Scraps Broadway Performance After Falling Ill
Catherine Zeta-Jones was forced to cancel two performances of her Broadway show "A Little Night Music" earlier this week after falling ill. The actress is currently starring on the New York stage in the musical, but she scrapped both a matinee and evening show on Wednesday, May 19.
The last-minute cancellation sparked rumors she was flying to join husband Michael Douglas at the Cannes Film Festival in France, but Zeta-Jones' representative slammed the claims, insisting she was sick. The spokesperson tells New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "She wasn't able to go to Cannes due to her commitment to performing eight shows a week."
Zeta-Jones is hoping to return to the stage to resume her role on Thursday, May 20. In the Broadway play, which is based on Hugh Wheeler's book, the 40-year-old Welsh beauty stars alongside Angela Lansbury.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding