Catherine Zeta-Jones Scraps Broadway Performance After Falling Ill
Catherine Zeta-Jones was forced to cancel two performances of her Broadway show "A Little Night Music" earlier this week after falling ill. The actress is currently starring on the New York stage in the musical, but she scrapped both a matinee and evening show on Wednesday, May 19.
The last-minute cancellation sparked rumors she was flying to join husband Michael Douglas at the Cannes Film Festival in France, but Zeta-Jones' representative slammed the claims, insisting she was sick. The spokesperson tells New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "She wasn't able to go to Cannes due to her commitment to performing eight shows a week."
Zeta-Jones is hoping to return to the stage to resume her role on Thursday, May 20. In the Broadway play, which is based on Hugh Wheeler's book, the 40-year-old Welsh beauty stars alongside Angela Lansbury.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour