Catherine Zeta-Jones Scraps Broadway Performance After Falling Ill
Catherine Zeta-Jones was forced to cancel two performances of her Broadway show "A Little Night Music" earlier this week after falling ill. The actress is currently starring on the New York stage in the musical, but she scrapped both a matinee and evening show on Wednesday, May 19.
The last-minute cancellation sparked rumors she was flying to join husband Michael Douglas at the Cannes Film Festival in France, but Zeta-Jones' representative slammed the claims, insisting she was sick. The spokesperson tells New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "She wasn't able to go to Cannes due to her commitment to performing eight shows a week."
Zeta-Jones is hoping to return to the stage to resume her role on Thursday, May 20. In the Broadway play, which is based on Hugh Wheeler's book, the 40-year-old Welsh beauty stars alongside Angela Lansbury.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary