Catherine Zeta-Jones Scraps Broadway Performance After Falling Ill
Catherine Zeta-Jones was forced to cancel two performances of her Broadway show "A Little Night Music" earlier this week after falling ill. The actress is currently starring on the New York stage in the musical, but she scrapped both a matinee and evening show on Wednesday, May 19.
The last-minute cancellation sparked rumors she was flying to join husband Michael Douglas at the Cannes Film Festival in France, but Zeta-Jones' representative slammed the claims, insisting she was sick. The spokesperson tells New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "She wasn't able to go to Cannes due to her commitment to performing eight shows a week."
Zeta-Jones is hoping to return to the stage to resume her role on Thursday, May 20. In the Broadway play, which is based on Hugh Wheeler's book, the 40-year-old Welsh beauty stars alongside Angela Lansbury.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed