Catherine Zeta-Jones Scraps Broadway Performance After Falling Ill
Catherine Zeta-Jones was forced to cancel two performances of her Broadway show "A Little Night Music" earlier this week after falling ill. The actress is currently starring on the New York stage in the musical, but she scrapped both a matinee and evening show on Wednesday, May 19.
The last-minute cancellation sparked rumors she was flying to join husband Michael Douglas at the Cannes Film Festival in France, but Zeta-Jones' representative slammed the claims, insisting she was sick. The spokesperson tells New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "She wasn't able to go to Cannes due to her commitment to performing eight shows a week."
Zeta-Jones is hoping to return to the stage to resume her role on Thursday, May 20. In the Broadway play, which is based on Hugh Wheeler's book, the 40-year-old Welsh beauty stars alongside Angela Lansbury.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!