Arrest Warrant Issued for Lindsay Lohan
A warrant has been issued for Lindsay Lohan's arrest after she failed to attend a mandatory probation hearing in Los Angeles on Thursday morning, May 20. The "Mean Girls" star was ordered to appear before Judge Marsha Revel at Beverly Hills Courthouse amid reports she has failed to complete court-ordered alcohol education classes stemming from a 2007 arrest.
But Lohan found herself stranded in Europe on Wednesday, May 19 after losing her passport following an ill-advised trip to France last week to attend the Cannes Film Festival. She claimed her papers had been stolen and turned to U.S. Embassy officials for help, but they were only able to replace the documentation on Thursday, forcing Lohan to miss her court date.
The probation hearing went ahead as planned on Thursday, when Lohan's lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley attempted to explain the passport problem to Judge Revel as the reason for the actress' absence. But the judge refused to accept the excuse and she issued the arrest warrant within minutes of the hearing starting at 8.30 A.M. (local time), reports TMZ.
Lohan's bail has been set at $100,000. The troubled star is reportedly due to fly back to the U.S. on Friday, May 21. She is expected to be taken into custody upon landing in America.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked