Miley Cyrus' Jewelry Line Pulled From Stores for Containing Toxic Metal
Miley Cyrus' jewelry line has been pulled from shelves at U.S. superstore Walmart after a report revealed the accessories contained high levels of a toxic metal. The "Hannah Montana" star's exclusive range for the store has proven popular with kids, but a test performed for the Associated Press reveals several items from the line have an unsafe level of cadmium, which can be dangerous if ingested.
Although the jewelry pieces are safe to wear, the report notes that if they are "sucked, bitten or swallowed" the cadmium could prove toxic.
And now bosses at Walmart have decided to pull the line, which includes bracelets and necklaces, insisting they will not sell the jewelry "while we investigate its compliance with our children's jewelry standard".
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut