Miley Cyrus' Jewelry Line Pulled From Stores for Containing Toxic Metal
Miley Cyrus' jewelry line has been pulled from shelves at U.S. superstore Walmart after a report revealed the accessories contained high levels of a toxic metal. The "Hannah Montana" star's exclusive range for the store has proven popular with kids, but a test performed for the Associated Press reveals several items from the line have an unsafe level of cadmium, which can be dangerous if ingested.
Although the jewelry pieces are safe to wear, the report notes that if they are "sucked, bitten or swallowed" the cadmium could prove toxic.
And now bosses at Walmart have decided to pull the line, which includes bracelets and necklaces, insisting they will not sell the jewelry "while we investigate its compliance with our children's jewelry standard".
More Miley Cyrus News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung