Miley Cyrus' Jewelry Line Pulled From Stores for Containing Toxic Metal
Miley Cyrus' jewelry line has been pulled from shelves at U.S. superstore Walmart after a report revealed the accessories contained high levels of a toxic metal. The "Hannah Montana" star's exclusive range for the store has proven popular with kids, but a test performed for the Associated Press reveals several items from the line have an unsafe level of cadmium, which can be dangerous if ingested.
Although the jewelry pieces are safe to wear, the report notes that if they are "sucked, bitten or swallowed" the cadmium could prove toxic.
And now bosses at Walmart have decided to pull the line, which includes bracelets and necklaces, insisting they will not sell the jewelry "while we investigate its compliance with our children's jewelry standard".
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered