Miley Cyrus' Jewelry Line Pulled From Stores for Containing Toxic Metal
Miley Cyrus' jewelry line has been pulled from shelves at U.S. superstore Walmart after a report revealed the accessories contained high levels of a toxic metal. The "Hannah Montana" star's exclusive range for the store has proven popular with kids, but a test performed for the Associated Press reveals several items from the line have an unsafe level of cadmium, which can be dangerous if ingested.
Although the jewelry pieces are safe to wear, the report notes that if they are "sucked, bitten or swallowed" the cadmium could prove toxic.
And now bosses at Walmart have decided to pull the line, which includes bracelets and necklaces, insisting they will not sell the jewelry "while we investigate its compliance with our children's jewelry standard".
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke