Miley Cyrus' Jewelry Line Pulled From Stores for Containing Toxic Metal
Miley Cyrus' jewelry line has been pulled from shelves at U.S. superstore Walmart after a report revealed the accessories contained high levels of a toxic metal. The "Hannah Montana" star's exclusive range for the store has proven popular with kids, but a test performed for the Associated Press reveals several items from the line have an unsafe level of cadmium, which can be dangerous if ingested.
Although the jewelry pieces are safe to wear, the report notes that if they are "sucked, bitten or swallowed" the cadmium could prove toxic.
And now bosses at Walmart have decided to pull the line, which includes bracelets and necklaces, insisting they will not sell the jewelry "while we investigate its compliance with our children's jewelry standard".
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana
- 'The Wolverine 3' Villains May Have Just Been Revealed
- Jennifer Aniston Mourning Her Mother Nancy Dow's Death
- Britney Spears Enlists G-Eazy for Her New Single 'Make Me'
- Gavin Rossdale Reportedly Hates Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton's Relationship
- These Two 'Suicide Squad' Characters May Also Get Spin-Off Films