Lil Wayne Does Not Regret Keeping 'Contraband' in Jail
Lil Wayne has no regrets about storing prison "contraband", including iPod earphones and a charger, in his jail cell - even though the decision could cost him extra time behind bars. The hip-hop star is serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to gun possession charges.
But he's struggling to cope without his luxuries and earlier this month, prison officials found he was hiding banned music equipment during a search of his cell. In a frank phone call with his pal DJ Scoob Doo earlier this week, the "Lollipop" hitmaker admitted he was prepared to take a punishment for the banned items.
The DJ says, "He said, 'Yeah, they tried to bang me with that. But I can't live without my music, Scoob. You know how it is, man. I needed my music. It's all good; I had to take my lil slip up. I ain't trippin', players f**k up.'"
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie