Jonathan Groff Thanks Fans for Supports Over Newsweek's Harsh Article
Gay actor Jonathan Groff has thanked his fans and peers for their loyalty following a Newsweek article which slammed him for playing straight roles, insisting he is "totally blown away" by their support. The "Glee" star was branded a "theater queen" by popular columnist Ramin Setoodeh in a recent copy of the publication, with the writer also targeting Broadway actor Sean Hayes in the piece.
A string of celebrities, including Kristin Chenoweth, "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy and "Milk" screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, spoke out to defend Groff and Hayes, slamming editors of Newsweek for allowing the article to be published. And now Groff has spoken out about the scandal, telling BBC's Newsbeat, "I do totally appreciate all of the support and love that has been shown from all of these people that are speaking up in support of actors of all shapes and sizes and sexualities playing all different roles because we're actors."
"I'm totally blown away and love all of the support and love that has been shown."
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'