Jonathan Groff Thanks Fans for Supports Over Newsweek's Harsh Article
Gay actor Jonathan Groff has thanked his fans and peers for their loyalty following a Newsweek article which slammed him for playing straight roles, insisting he is "totally blown away" by their support. The "Glee" star was branded a "theater queen" by popular columnist Ramin Setoodeh in a recent copy of the publication, with the writer also targeting Broadway actor Sean Hayes in the piece.
A string of celebrities, including Kristin Chenoweth, "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy and "Milk" screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, spoke out to defend Groff and Hayes, slamming editors of Newsweek for allowing the article to be published. And now Groff has spoken out about the scandal, telling BBC's Newsbeat, "I do totally appreciate all of the support and love that has been shown from all of these people that are speaking up in support of actors of all shapes and sizes and sexualities playing all different roles because we're actors."
"I'm totally blown away and love all of the support and love that has been shown."
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters