Gustavo Cerati in Critical Condition After Brain Surgery
A former bandmate of hospitalized rocker Gustavo Cerati has urged fans to "have faith" after the Argentinian star underwent brain surgery following a mini-stroke. The singer was admitted to a hospital in Venezuela after collapsing at the end of his gig in Caracas on Saturday, May 15.
Doctors confirmed Cerati suffered an "ischemic vascular event", a condition known as a mini-stroke which reduces blood flow to the brain, but the 50 year old's health hit further trouble when surgeons were forced to operate to remove a potentially-fatal blood clot on Tuesday, May 18.
He is now recovering in intensive care and his progress over the next few days will prove "critical", according to hospital director Adolfredo Saez. Cerati's former Soda Stereo pal, Charly Alberti, admits the news hit him hard and he's praying the singer makes a full recovery. The drummer says, "We must have faith. My head has been boiling since I found out on Sunday."
And Ricky Martin has also offered his support to the ailing rocker. In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "Strength Cerati, we want you well!"
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support